• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

This forum

E

EnglandWillWin2011

Anyone else think there are too many sub-forums? I think it makes the website kind of slow..maybe remove a few and it would be more busy. It just seems a shame that quite a big forum seems so empty in my opinion.

suggestions are always looked at. I am sure if you came up with some other ways the staff would take them under concideration.

It is hard to try to cater to so many people in such a broad manner though, its always going to be hit and miss to so many people.

This may be a bit drastic but

Club rugby

International rugby

Rugby league

"Your rugby"-A forum to discuss your team, advice, equipment, rules on the game etc

Off topic General chat

I just press 'view new posts'. Doesn't really matter what sub-sub forum the discussions are in.

I don't think there are to many forums imho. I've only been here since February, so I can't speak with much authority on the issue, but the way it is set out seems to work alright. For example, I'm no expert on S14 rugby as I rarely get a chance to watch it (no Sky). Same case goes for ML and also Top 14 nowdays for me.

I think having a wide variety of boards means that everyone has a place they feel comfortable speaking about. E.g. I tend to post in the NH forums in concern to rugby simply because I know more of whats going on this side of the equator. I still post in the S14 ones, but not so much as I don't think anything I have to say would be as constructive.

btw, feel free to shoot me down on it, I can take it, i'm a big boy now! :cheers:

This may be a bit drastic but

Club rugby

International rugby

Rugby league

"Your rugby"-A forum to discuss your team, advice, equipment, rules on the game etc

Off topic General chat
[/b]

You always have the option of minimising various fora, if you've no interest in rugby league just minimise it, same goes for gaming, other sport, archives, off topic, set it up for your own convenience.

suggestions are always looked at. I am sure if you came up with some other ways the staff would take them under concideration.

It is hard to try to cater to so many people in such a broad manner though, its always going to be hit and miss to so many people. [/b]

Indeed, its great that people are suggesting things. We'll take any and all suggestions on board too...

Cheers for the Suggestions, alot of discussions took place behind the scenes for the structure of the forum, as it was also discussed how people struggled to find the information they needed... Therefore to have a structure which kind of sits in the middle was what we were aiming for, the problem with having One Bucket as it is and all the topics go in there, they would be loss very fast and you would usually get duplicate topics... also from a staffing point of view, it is easier to manage things spread out than a huge bucket with all topics in...

The other aspect is a member is only interested in New Zealand topics, they need to sift through all the topics to find anything relevant, and the average member looks for about 2/3 mins to look for what they find, if they have to spend longer they usually leave without posting...

So as you can see there are several reasons why we need multiple subforums to cater for the needs of most...

Once again Thank You for your suggestion, we do read them and we do re-consider different things considering on the general concious, if you have any more suggestions please feel free to let us know :)

I've found this forum almost impossible to use...
[/b]

Would you like to give more details, or was this just to up your post count, so you could download the Woosaah Rugby Editor??

Latest posts