• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

This is really ******* me off...

R

RC

I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, so i thought i'd go on a little rant.

Does anyone else here have COD4 on the xbox 360 and enjoys playing it online? Well i've little doubt that the answer to the question would be "Yes i have COD4 but no, i don't get to enjoy playing it online because the f***er seems to sit in a lobby all day in some sort of f***ing coma!"
It seems to have 3 players and bring in no more and tell you of a connection error, or after abotu 5 or 10 minutes it will just bluntly tell you,
"Unable to join game session"

There's about 17,000 people playing team deathmatch at this moment and yet i can't get a single game.
3,000 playing free-for-all, still not a single game.
But there's only about 2,700 people playing hardcore team deathmatch and yet i can seem to find a match quite often there. Only problem is, that game is shite!

So i know it's something to do with not enough servers yadda yadda yadda, but didn't Halo 3 pull in about 3quarters of a million people in like the team mode and it still ran great in comparison.

I don't care if microsoft are offering another arcade game.
THeir games are shite. I paid my money for COD4 and i paid my money to play it online, not just to sit in the f***ing lobby like a retard on a minibus watching the cars go by!
And to make matters worse, once in every blue moon i'll get a game on a mode that i like and the host will quit instantly with 1 win.
It's then that you feel you just want to hurt a person more than you ever thought possible. You want beat him so badly it hurts to breathe....sigh*
Instead, all i can do is click "avoid this player" and say he quit a game early.

This is just a little topic for anyone else who wants to moan about the same thing.
If not, then i'll just come in here regularly and ***** and moan like i'm doing now.
Oh if, anyone has an idea of what we can do regarding this, if there's a way THE PLAYER can solve this issue, then you're more than welcomed to post that as well.

Now then, go to go,that lobby screen's not gonna stare at itself....

Yes, you are not alone.

Yes, it seems to have been caused by Microsoft's recent server problems.

Yes, it only seems to mostly affect COD4 from my (admitedly fairly brief) research into the matter.

No, I cant tell you when itll be fixed as Microsoft are currently being sued by a couple of Texans - ironically enough, Microsoft keeping us updated on the Live server status would constitute some sort of contempt of court.

Yes, you will be entitled to a free Arcade game, as is everybody - it's Undertow, it'll be available this Wednesday from around 10am GMT for free as opposed to 800 points.

No, I cannot help you. I have not heard of any home-made remedies, though obviously anybody who can provide any is more than welcome to. All I can suggest is you try Halo 3, verify its not your connection and at least keep your trigger finger itchy. Map pack will be free in a few weeks time too I hear.

Yes, I hope I was able to assist in some manner or at least entertain you in some way.

No, I suspect I didnt.

Similar problems exist on the PS3 version. Server connection issues seem to be the prevalent issue.

Every other games going well on psn and many PS3 users are under the mistaken belief that it's only our console suffering.

Still it could be a hangover from the xbl outage. I hear a patch is coming for us just before the new maps. Is that the case with 360?

i have heard many reports of this - so it must be an issue

however - i have NEVER experienced such issues

the worst i get is a US server and yellow/red ping

but i have never had to wait longer than 2 minutes to get a match cranking

I hear a patch is coming for us just before the new maps. Is that the case with 360?[/b]
It's a pretty safe bet. It's what they did with number two in the franchise.

Still, problems are affecting the PS3 version too eh? Now that does open a whole can of worms... (As I understand it, XBL servers are run by Microsoft bar a few exceptions, whereas PSN servers are run by the publishers themselves - yet to find both PSN and XBL servers acting up at the same time... geeky conspiracy theories abound!)

I have the pc version so have remained unaffected. the server broswer on the pc version does blow though and it doesn't display the pings correctly at all ie 100-200 pings to aus servers and I live in aus. This also causes some aus/nz servers to not display at all. so to get around this I have simply put all the aus servers I get a good ping to into favourites where the pings are displayed properly and I know for certain I will see all the servers I can possibly connect to. Then on the pc version there is punkbuster which seemingly is randomly kicking people who are playing legit without cheating or anything. luckily punkbuster has been kind to me so far in cod 4 but I remember it being really bad in bf 2 where I couldn't play online at all.

RC!

Have you tried going into your network settings on your dashboard and restoring your network settings to factory default?

Well you should, I had to do that as I used to have similar problems to you.

Go on, give it a go.

NAT = OPEN

is the best, but i am sure this problem will still occur, as i cant see that many people with this problem not have NAT=OPEN

Ive got it on PC and havnt had a problem. Ive progressed quite well through the multiplayer levels so far (up to level 25) and havnt had a preblem yet. Apart from not being able to get ICONZ and Internode servers to show up which sux but i have about 10 servers on my favs tht play basically all modes so im satified atm.

I do have a buggy Video card tho. It seems to stop working then restart straight after leaving me in the dark for about a min, in which time i get killed 1-2 times. Apart from this little bug i have to say im really satified with my perchase of COD4. im just starting to play single player in arcade again now and loving that!!!!

Rank 42 at the moment, but been playing other games also so probably would be on prestige if I hadn't.

man is anyone else still playing this game? I cant seem to get enough of it atm even though its been about 3 months sence i got it! All my troubles have gone with it now. I can now easily find austrilasian servers without a problem and never have issues with bugs at all.

Strange thing is most of the servers i play in are hardcore servers so now when i go back to normal servers i get smashed cus im not used to having to unload a full mag into someone to kill them. Hardcore is the only way to play this game for sure!

That happened me for a couple of weeks on the ps3 version like 3 minths ago but since then its just fixed itself without me doing anything

The new update has fixed the sniping problem too, before I would be hitting people with a whole round and wouldn't do anything now, I actually enjoy sniping.
The new update is good, fixes the host problem smile.gif

I'm a Prestige3 Lvl 30[/b]

Whats your gamertag?

I hired this out yetsterday, been playing only single player at the moment (still got two days left of it) might crank out the multi player tonight. i still dont like FPS on the console though.

I do love the graphics and the sound, sometimes i wish i didnt have flatmates so i could keep it up loud... i might just take the ps3 upstairs tonight... fun times

If I hadn't been playing Burnout and RSV:2 I would of probably got a decent rank by now but now I have started to play it again, I am only 1 rank away from prestige level 2.

Anyone tried the new maps yet? I like broadcast and kill house, but creek is only good on some modes such as sabotage and headquarters and chinatown is awful too much window camping whoring.

I actually think the new Chinatown map is fantastic- was anyone else aware that it's a remake of "Carentan" from COD2?

BTW I just completed the game on Veteran last night. Never been so ****** off (but relieved) in my life.

I hate you Infinity Ward. Great game though. :rolleyes:

Latest posts