• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

This Sporting Land

Vieux Talonneur

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
So we're now officially crap at proper cricket. As well as rugby. And Wendy ball. And now that Farah's retired, track and field. And tennis (yeah let's see Kyle Edmund reach another slam semi in a hurry). Even the Dutch can take us at darts. And the rumours of our top cyclists and the medicine cabinet won't go away. Joshua is the least convincing heavyweight champion since Bruno appeared in panto.

Rays of light in gymnastics, sliding downhill on a tray, F1 (not that that's a sport) and rowing against the other 3 nations that compete.

Will the last one to leave the country please turn out the lights?

Yip 2003 and 2012 were really the highlights for me in British sport.

AJ? He can only beat what's in front of him and he's also a Watford boy. So, I am a fan.
Hopefully beats Parker end of the month; and then Wilder to become the first undisputed heavyweight champion to hold all four major belts. We still have Fury to come back into the equation once he loses 7 stone.

Edmund is good, but doubt he'll reach Murray's standard. Murray's days of winning slams are probably over now after his hip op.

Hamilton? Never liked the guy. But can't deny he's a skilful driver.

England at the World Cup in Russia after this whole spy poisoning scandal? I think our fans are gonna get the **** beaten out of them out there by both their hooligans elements and the FSB.

Last edited:
You surely can't believe that PED use is something peculiar to our cyclists. Shirley?!

Heard some really, really nasty stuff about Hamilton... not only a complete character vacuum, but a loathsome human too.
But I guess he's good a driving... I don't really care for vehicle racing though.

Completely agree about Russia... I think there's going to be violence, the likes of which we haven't seen for a couple of decades.

The thing is there will be certain England fans going out there knowing that there'll be violence and be going because they are up for it. Personally No sympathy from me if these types get their heads kicked in.

The thing is there will be certain England fans going out there knowing that there'll be violence and be going because they are up for it. Personally No sympathy from me if these types get their heads kicked in.

I think it's going to be a lot worse than that, personally...

There's always the possibility that Putin will completely stamp out any and all violence in order to troll his international critics... but I fear that's wishful thinking.

It'll be us English starting it though......according to Russia Today.

Well at the last big event the Russians specifically targeted English fans and not just the hooligans, they targeted families too. I agree, it will be worse this time and the whole spy poisoning will just add to it. No doubt FIFA will then blame us. Wasn't there some farce in France where the police would ignore attack against English fans but would then charge in the second there was a retaliation?

I remember the last Ryder Cup result *shudders*

With our population size we are punching above our weight!

That is the go-to defence right?

Darts and Snooker? World champs at both. Although one could argue they're not "proper" sports:rolleyes: because they lack the proper physical element, but same can be said for Golf, but played outdoors. We're good at indoor pub type games. :cool:

Perhaps there has been a trend among British youth about not engaging in sports for a long time now

Latest posts