• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Time to help

Originally posted by kaftka@Feb 24 2006, 11:46 PM
Quintes, the thing is that St Helens wants to own this board because it's cool...

No, wait, hear me out.

People want to own really flash cars because they're cool. They cost heaps of money, and take more than average to keep it running, but it looks cool.

Also, the thing is, with the donation system, then we are all paying to keep TRF alive... Do not feel bribed... We all want TRF to be successful and stay alive, which is why we should chip in. Dans going to own the board, but we're going to make it. The real reason he wants to own the board is because he's been a big part of TRF, has been the most proactive in wanting to build the place over the last couple of years, took this place very seriously, and likes owning stuff that everyone can share. He's a sharing person. That's why he wants to own this place.... So he can share it. Isn't that nice?

I vote that I become Dans PA. Basically that means I answer all questions addressed to him.

Dan, what do you think?

Sure thing buddy.

Great.
Well if everyone is chipping in couldnt the reward for the donation be part ownership ? Why must just one person own the board ?

Can you imagine the chaos though mate? Nothing would ever get done, nothing agreed on and people like kinkon and people who have no idea about how to run a message board would have the power to make a decisions.

I want to buy TRF off Dom because Dom is a busy man. I can run the forum better than he can, because he is busy. I have been running the forum for the best part of a year as it is, I just want to make it legal.

One head honcho is quite enough don't need everyone chipping in, making changes they want having other members undoing them, would just become too divisive and the forum would become too *****y.

So when are we likely to see the donation system start up?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 25 2006, 01:54 AM
Can you imagine the chaos though mate? Nothing would ever get done, nothing agreed on and people like kinkon and people who have no idea about how to run a message board would have the power to make a decisions.

I want to buy TRF off Dom because Dom is a busy man. I can run the forum better than he can, because he is busy. I have been running the forum for the best part of a year as it is, I just want to make it legal.
Fair comment.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 23 2006, 08:06 AM
TRF needs you.

As you will have noticed, me and getofmeland have been going about making a great deal of changes to TRF recently. We have been achieving what I have been dreaming of for 18 months. If I can buy TRF this weekend, I will. It's time for things to take a step forward.

The cost of TRF will stay between me and Dom. But other costs must be shared.

And this is where you, the members of TRF, must play your part. This evening I am setting up a PayPal account. I need you to donate what you can for the upkeep of this board.

getofmeland believes that upgrading the board will be beneficial. He has done some superb work for us. And like any good boss, I want to back things with money to improve it.

I am not in a great financial situation at the moment. But I want to pursue making TRF the biggest and the best. But you must back me.

With buying the upgrade, we can have the homepage we badly need. IMO can grow radically, we can have a list of hot topics, we can do featured members. TRF needs a homepage. I need you to throw your weight behind it and help pay for it.

You know me. I am not here to rip you off. I am here to make TRF the best.

I trust you are all behind me 100% in this venture.

I need you to put your hands in your pockets. I might own the board, but it belongs to you.

Dan
sounds pretty good, does it only work for pounds, euros or whatever you guys use there?

also just tell me soem sizes and i'll start working on a long term project of making a flashy homepage for TRF.. but not until everything is sorted out and we discuss what will be on it

great idea, and i wish you the best of luck :cheers:

A monthly competition would be good. It all depends on how much money TRF is generating, but I expect things like Bledisloe Cup tickets and supporters gear wouldn't be out of reach.

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 25 2006, 07:20 PM
A monthly competition would be good. It all depends on how much money TRF is generating, but I expect things like Bledisloe Cup tickets and supporters gear wouldn't be out of reach.
And a gold plated Banana© signed by Kafkta.

How's the paypal account coming, I want a different coloured username, I'm tired with the standard black and I like to own things

In order to ease the concerns of some of my fellow members I have decided that I will set up a new bank account purely for TRF purposes. This way you can all see whenever you want the financial in and outgoings of TRF.

Although it does hurt that some of you might think I am trying to diddle you.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 1 2006, 02:50 AM
In order to ease the concerns of some of my fellow members I have decided that I will set up a new bank account purely for TRF purposes. This way you can all see whenever you want the financial in and outgoings of TRF.

Although it does hurt that some of you might think I am trying to diddle you.
Never trust a grown man who has Mr Krabs as their avatar and uses the word "diddle".

Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 1 2006, 08:16 AM

Never trust a grown man who has Mr Krabs as their avatar
It's irony - as in "MONEY!"

HOW IRNOIC!

All these upgrades sounds costly to me. Maybe you could consider switching to some other board/blog/CM system which would be free ? that would save money. On the other hand that would cost time.

In general, I don't like contributing to communities I like with money. I'd rather give value added content (like mods for rugby game, articles or even news), but that's me.

Anyway, should you need technical expertise, news contributions or something, you can count on me.

my opinions......cos i've only just seen this sub-forum existed!

This is therugbyFORUM, we are all rugby fans here to talk about rugby/games/have a laugh, the internet is inundated with rugby websites and info which we are all aware of and using. this is not a money making enterprise thus its not like we are absolutely desperately trying to expand and make it more appealing, offer more etc. Look at other forums around and you get a large amount of absolutely pointless posters...i like our little ish community, good banter etc....we've built up back stories with each other! :) i dont think that this needs to change into a portal website, we do not need a gallery, people will go to planetrugby, rugby365, bbc etc for rugby info, why dont we just stay happy as a forum...i just think it will lose something if the forum becomes a small part of something bigger - a portal

i just don't think we need to change. Maybe the more official score prediction thing type things'd be good............ but i dont see the need for anything else. im not a fan of the VIP thing either, its elitist and pretty needless, maybe just mention something in their profile about donations but thats it...otherwise you start segregating

why dont you make a breakdown of all potential costs and ideas and put the thread as a pinned topic in each forum and 'let the fans decide'.

I agree a little with the elite member group thing. It's almost bribery and is segregation.... But who needs PC ;)

But I disagree with the main point you were making. Firstly, this won't be a money-making for TRF. Everything that TRF makes in donations (if it still goes ahead) goes back into TRF.
The upgrading of the site is something that the majority seems to want (although we haven't officially found out), and is beneficial. Of course not everybody will like it, but i personally believe that creating affiliations and having user submissions etc. and a homepage and a sambad and a Hall of Fame will do nothing but good, and possibly a little bit of bad for this forum.

Yours faithfully,

Anass Rhamaar

Latest posts