• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tony Williams

Q

QLD

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/spor...5006066,00.html

0,,6393731,00.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
MANLY'S new recruit T-Rex - is the man mountain about to be unleashed on unsuspecting London.

On Wednesday the Sea Eagles officially unveiled big Tony Williams - the blockbusting winger who arrived from Brookvale from Parramatta.

Williams, nicknamed T-Rex by his new teammates, will debut for Manly in a World Club Challenge lead-up game against London-based Super League club Harlequins at The Stoop on February 22.

The Sea Eagles will play Leeds the following week in the WCC at famous Elland Road.

Standing 196cm and weighing 115kg, Williams - who is bound to become a crowd favourite on the peninsula - will alternate between the backs and forwards next season.

"I really want to make an impact at Manly," Williams said at Warriewood Beach.

"I know Manly are the premiers and it will be tough getting a position in the team.

"But I'm willing to wait and learn. I can't believe how welcome everyone has made me feel."

Williams, who turns 20 on Friday, played 11 first-grade games for Parramatta last season and has also represented Tonga.

"I may play centre or on an edge in the forwards," said Williams, who injured his arm after coming off a bike in training.

"I also want to brush up on my goalkicking."

Manly coach Des Hasler said Williams could prove dynamic at Brookvale.

"He is a great talent," Hasler said.

"It will be fantastic for him to reach his full potential. Tony will give us that X-factor with his physical attributes.

"Given he's only 19, Tony has shown a lot of maturity in his understanding of the game."[/b]

I'm not buying into the hype. Typical Manly stealing more working class players from the West.

im not either - vatuvei ran ragged on him during the eels vs warriors game this year..but hes promising and will get better time...20 years old? damn

Latest posts