• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 10

Thats enough of the sloppy romantic stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enough enough enough!!!!!!!!!!!! back to rugby Pat Cilliers prop 27yrs 6 caps for SA, from Western Province, our last signing of the season arrived yesterday fit and ready to go which we need as our front row is in a bit of a state with injuries and International duties (Mas and Misha)
Good luck with Cilliers. He is one of those 'tiny' technically sound TH props that have been rendered a shadow of themselves by the new laws. And the timing was poor for him and WP; he just burst on the scene, got his Bok cap, got scooped up by WP and then in the same season, BOOM, 'your expertise has been renderd largely useless, but thank you for playing'.

Well we will see if a diet of snails, frogs legs and French wine might get him back on the right track, and he becomes another Ben Mowen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why the fu** did we let him go......... Montpellier 3 (Olivier Ebersohn Cilliers ) SA. 0 left wondering why they go to France, wine women and Snails ( don't do singing)!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with Cilliers. He is one of those 'tiny' technically sound TH props that have been rendered a shadow of themselves by the new laws. And the timing was poor for him and WP; he just burst on the scene, got his Bok cap, got scooped up by WP and then in the same season, BOOM, 'your expertise has been renderd largely useless, but thank you for playing'.

Well it is about the same with Thomas Domingo of Clermont. He's so small, that he keeps being penalised in scrums ... Despite a quite good technique ... Which is a shame. I really don't understand how the IRB did let this happen ? Tiny props are not so uncommon in world rugby even if taller ones are more numerous ... Weird

Grenoble to Toulon this week end. Are we going to keep or invincibility (3 wins in a row) against the European master ? Hope Cardona will be the ref again :rolleyes:

Well it is about the same with Thomas Domingo of Clermont. He's so small, that he keeps being penalised in scrums ... Despite a quite good technique ... Which is a shame. I really don't understand how the IRB did let this happen ? Tiny props are not so uncommon in world rugby even if taller ones are more numerous ... Weird

Domingo might've been the best scrummager technically the world has ever seen back in his heyday. Being that small and stuffing Adam Jones repeatedly ? Amazing. He was virtually unbeatable at scrumtime before the new laws. It's a real, real shame...Now he holds up alright, that's it...last really good int'nl performances were vs England and Italy, and a mixed good in parts one in Cardiff...

Grenoble to Toulon this week end. Are we going to keep or invincibility (3 wins in a row) against the European master ?

most definitely not to answer your question :D but that is a damn impressive streak. Certainly the longest any team has, French or Euro.
Lineups to be up this afternoon. Top 14 Rugby is coming again ! :)

Well we will see if a diet of snails, frogs legs and French wine might get him back on the right track, and he becomes another Ben Mowen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why the fu** did we let him go......... Montpellier 3 (Olivier Ebersohn Cilliers ) SA. 0 left wondering why they go to France, wine women and Snails ( don't do singing)!!!!!!!!!!
Snails... I suppose I'll have to try again with someone who does them right; I expect the ones I had in SA weren't done.. well. I would imagine it's like crocodile; prepared poorly and a cut too close to the tail bone and it's just completely inedable. Done right, wow, just a wonderfully tasty white meat, consistency of juicy chicken with a flavourful fishy taste. Do it wrong though and you have a heap of cartiledge on your plate.

Well, despite Cilliers suffering you won't find me complaining as the traditional SA prop is a monster but we are having to filter through the ones who have been good in the past and get back to our more traditional prop. Though the trend is to not necessarily select the best scrummiger but rather a guy who can contribute around the park in an up-tempo game. I don't know, Intersting times ahead for seeing what props pop up on the international scene. I've always wondered how those 'world's strongest man' competitors might fair in a scrum, the Magnus Magnusson type that will scrum a Boeing. He'd be useless around the pitch but I'd wager it'd be worth it just to see the man scrum.

haha yeah that'd be cool to see. Maybe if Iceland can field a Rugby team in some Six Nations C or D competition, he can be tighthead prop...I mean there are much bigger guys around in countries than a Nicolas Mas or Owen Franks, but obviously they don't play Rugby, aren't interested. But then again, there have been some huuuuuge buildings of men in Rugby, and they would get smashed by the likes of a mere 1m80 110kg Nicolas Mas, just because thankfully there is real technique in scrummaging.

tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-tah-TIME FOR THE LINEUPS !è!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH !

10406878_928730013822465_2553145024346345015_n.jpg

Clermonti Python taking a nice crew with them to Aviron Bionic. Funny to see that's their B team though :D they really are deep as fluke.

Next up, Stade Toulouzinzin to go defy the WOLF

Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 6.05.53 PM.png

I like dat third row. Their best HB pairing too, and a nice midfield. PLEASE Toulouse play the way you can...

Castres side goin to Brive:

1. Fa'anunu, Herrera, Lazar, Montes, Taumoepeau, Bonello, Mach, Capo Ortega, Desroche, Gray, Samson, Bornman, Caballero, Diarra, Faasalele, Dupont, Garcia, Kockott, Tales, Cabannes, Combezou, Evans, Grosso, Martial, Dumora, 15. Palis.

MONTYPOLIK TRIP TO LA ROCHELLE

1. Misha NARIASHVILI - 2. Mickaël IVALDI - 3. Nicolas MAS - 4. Tom DONNELLY - 5. Sitaleki TIMANI - 6. Fulgence OUEDRAOGO (Capitaine) - 7. Kélian GALLETIER - 8. Ben MOWEN - 9. Benoît PAILLAUGUE - 10. Enzo SELPONI - 11. Lucas DUPONT - 12. Wynand OLIVIER - 13. Robert EBERSOHN - 14. Benjamin FALL - 15. Pierre BERARD

Les remplaçants: 16. Charles GELI - 17. Yvan WATREMEZ - 18. Thibaut PRIVAT - 19. Akapusi QERA - 20. Teddy IRIBAREN - 21. Yoann ARTRU - 22. Jonathan PELISSIE - 23. Chris KING

RACING

1932790_10152507042626313_6404724890690138327_o.jpg

11001_746849482061959_6504419530827724879_n.jpg

And the challenging Bordeaux, with a special Movember touch:
COMPOSITION_EQUIPE_SFPUBB.jpg

good morning VIETNAAAAAM !!è!...first seconds of Top 14 in a luuuuung tahm.

5 wins on the trot.

And Loulou Picamoles back with a BANG.

Sending our regards to all the muppets that wrote us off....

5 wins on the trot.

And Loulou Picamoles back with a BANG.

Sending our regards to all the muppets that wrote us off....

shut up, I'm not a muppet !! :p No I wasn't writing Toulouse off...

Very impressive, I thought some time ago Toulouse would be 7th at the end of the year. Never thought they'd go 5 straight wins after 5 straight losses. 40 to 10 in an away game for the side that couldn't buy a win on the road the past 2 years ?? fkk....they've got too much class individually, but it's more than just one guy then one guy then...etc...the quality of their chemistry and teamplay is tons better this time around. Keepin the ball alive, forwards making the effort, backs picking up on that ascendency...but Lyon got a ton of possession though here, but again Toulouse played superb defense.
Lookin good again boys !! Hope they can do something at the Euro Cup.

EDIT:
and Picamoles man. He looked like a back at times and how many TO's did he get on the ground, 3 ? I think 3, no less. He actually had lost 10kilos from that lung infection thing !...looks damn good now.

Last edited:
shut up, I'm not a muppet !! :p No I wasn't writing Toulouse off...

Very impressive, I thought some time ago Toulouse would be 7th at the end of the year. Never thought they'd go 5 straight wins after 5 straight losses. 40 to 10 in an away game for the side that couldn't buy a win on the road the past 2 years ?? fkk....they've got too much class individually, but it's more than just one guy then one guy then...etc...the quality of their chemistry and teamplay is tons better this time around. Keepin the ball alive, forwards making the effort, backs picking up on that ascendency...but Lyon got a ton of possession though here, but again Toulouse played superb defense.
Lookin good again boys !! Hope they can do something at the Euro Cup.
hey i think i saw you from somewhere
Kermitparis.jpg

Can't seem to find a stream, to swim in of course. Can anybody point me in le right direction? I'm specifically looking at the western side of Paris.

None of the above.

It's because we are not disrupted by Papa Schroumpf and the Marcoussis Mafia.

As long as they live us alone we will be fine.

1/ Alexandre Ménini
2/ Craig Burden
3/ Levan Chilachava
4/ Bakkies Botha
5/ Ali Williams
6/ Juanne Smith
7/ Steffon Armitage
8/ Chris Masoe
9/ Sébastien Tillous-Borde
10/ Nicolas Sanchez
11/ Bryan Habana
12/ Maxime Mermoz
13/ Rudi Wulf
14/ Drew Mitchell
15/ Delon Armitage

Les remplaçants:

16/ Jean-Charles Orioli
17/ Xavier Chiocci
18/ Jocelino Suta
19/ Virgile Bruni
20/ Mathieu Bastareaud
21/ James O'Connor
22/ Eric Escande
23/ Karim Bougherara

aaaaaaaaahhhh, we finally get to see a guy who's an espoir for me at Tighthead, Bougherara. Nico Sanchez's first game (and start) en el rojo y negro !!

1/ Alexandre Ménini
2/ Craig Burden
3/........

who are they?

Last edited:

Latest posts