• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 13

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
The first of the day 13 games is to be played this afternoon (day 13 Jan 9th was cancelled, because the Euro games previously cancelled due to the Paris terrorist attacks were played on that date.
This afternoon

BORDEAUX BEGLES V TOULON

Toulon XV de départ: O'Connor ; Tuisova, Bastareaud, Nonu, Habana ; (o) Cooper, (m) Pélissié ; Fernandez Lobbe, Vermeulen, J. Smith ; Taofifenua, Suta ; Saulo, Orioli, Fresia. Les remplaçants: Natriashvili, Chiocci, S. Armitage, Mikautadze, Belan, Mitchell, Escande, Chilachava.

BORDEAUX BEGLES XV de départ: Domvo ; Talebula, Ashley-Cooper, Rey, Connor ; (o) Hickey, (m) Serin ; Bradi, Tauleigne, Madaule ; Marais, Le Devedec ; Kepu, Avei, Taofifenua.

Remplaçants: Maynadier, Kitshoff, Botha, Chalmers, Lesgourgues, Lonca, Dubié, Gomez Kodela.

Last edited:
I really, really do not understand Toulon again playing Nonu and his inferior equivalent Bastereaud at the same time as centres?

I can see UBB running them close......

I really, really do not understand Toulon again playing Nonu and his inferior equivalent Bastereaud at the same time as centres?

I can see UBB running them close......

UBB won that one 15-12 , Baptiste Serin kicked the winner. Huge turnout for the game +38K. Great win for Bordeaux. Very beatable Toulon this season I keep saying...

Not the best game in the world, Serin played 9 and then 10 very talented youngster ex -20's, he did miss a couple of vital kicks in the 2nd half but banged over the knee shaker with a minute or so to go. Toulon did not look that good Nonu is still looking lost and Cooper is either off colour or ??????? Toulon are a great team when leading but if you put them under the cosh they do not always play that well when coming from behind, and yesterday they were playing catch up most of the game even though it was only ever 3 points.

Not the best game in the world, Serin played 9 and then 10 very talented youngster ex -20's, he did miss a couple of vital kicks in the 2nd half but banged over the knee shaker with a minute or so to go. Toulon did not look that good Nonu is still looking lost and Cooper is either off colour or ??????? Toulon are a great team when leading but if you put them under the cosh they do not always play that well when coming from behind, and yesterday they were playing catch up most of the game even though it was only ever 3 points.

Toulon are going to struggle this season because Laporte is on his way out. He's coaching part time now. Don't know about Dominguez taking over. They're in a state of flux coaching wise and Delmas is just a sideline soldier.
Well done to Bordeaux and I'm a fan of Serin who's a talented kid and les Bordelais and their city and leur pinard :D

Personally i dont think they will struggle but they will not be as clear cut as in previous seasons, they lost good players last season to retirement mostly, and the new influx is not working as it should be, but saying that they are still going to be in contention at the end of the season. The Top 14 is getting more and more competitive every season and winning anywhere away from home is getting more and more difficult, even winning at home is no longer a walk in the park.
I'm sure the coaching is not going to suffer at Toulon they have prepared well for the new coach. If Cooper and Nonu start playeing as they can then things could well happen, they are missing Giteau badly at the moment.

Latest posts