• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 6...

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
For the millions interested in the TOP 14 here are this weekends fixtures......

Du 24 au 25 Septembre 2016 [TABLE="class: classic-table matchs-table hr-link-table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: sorting-desc"] Date[/TH]
[TH="class: text-right, colspan: 2"]Domicile[/TH]
[TH="class: text-center, colspan: 3"]Score[/TH]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Extérieur[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 24/09
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] CO
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-a"]
Club-Rugby-castres-olympique.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-before-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 14h45[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-after-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-b"]
logo_racing92_2015.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] R92
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 24/09[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] UBB
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Union-bordeaux-Belges_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 18h30[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Lyon-lou-rugby.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] LOU
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] FCG
[/TD]
logo_grenoble_-_png.png
[/TD]
logopau.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ASR
[/TD]
fsdf.png
[/TD]
logoabbayonne_fondclair.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ABRP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ST
[/TD]
s.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 20h45[/TD]
LogParis-d1b84_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SFP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 25/09[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] MHR
[/TD]
Club-rugby-montpellier-herault.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 12h30[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Brive-Correze-limousin.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] CABCL
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 25/09[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] RCT
[/TD]
logo_toulon_rct_2016_2017.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 16h15[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Clermont-auvergne-ASM.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ASM
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

<article id="node-2" class="node node-page-cms view-mode-full"> </article>

Last edited:
Toulouse simply must beat Stade Français, otherwise heads will begin to roll!

Stade have a dozen players in the infirmary, + Plisson banned for a red, so if Toulouse do not win this one at Home i'm sure you are right, heads could well roll. I'm still a bit baffled at what exactly Fabien Pelous is doing at Toulouse, he never seems to be much in the press and is it he who will be swinging the axe if it needs swinging?? Maybe he is also keeping his head down just in case!!!!!

As I've written elsewhere, I'm far from convinced that Elissalde and Servat (very good players that they were) are the men for the job. It is always good to appoint coaches from within the club, but I can't help feeling that the moment has come to look for men with proven experience to take Toulouse back where they belong, otherwise they will be unable to compete with the other big clubs.

I think the bigproblem today is good players do not necessarily make good coaches, its happening more and more, i think the respect issue has a lot to do with this problem eg Players and buddies, then the following season it becomes player and boss, not always workable, but i still think Toulouse will win this weekend.

True. Are there any other clubs in the Top14 who have appointed their ex players as coaches? I don't think so.

There are some interesting fixtures this weekend - notably RCT v ASM, so my predictions are: all home wins except in Toulon!

True. Are there any other clubs in the Top14 who have appointed their ex players as coaches? I don't think so.

There are some interesting fixtures this weekend - notably RCT v ASM, so my predictions are: all home wins except in Toulon!

there was Quesada last season for Stade but i really meant any ex player coaching a TOP 14 club and there are quite a few, they don't always make the best coaches.

OK while i'm here i'll do mine. Pau away win along with Racing, and the rest home wins Toulon, Toulouse, La Rochelle, Bordeaux with maybe a possible 5 pts for us v Brive, i have to be different or it just gets boring.

Last edited:
As I've written elsewhere, I'm far from convinced that Elissalde and Servat (very good players that they were) are the men for the job. It is always good to appoint coaches from within the club, but I can't help feeling that the moment has come to look for men with proven experience to take Toulouse back where they belong, otherwise they will be unable to compete with the other big clubs.

I think the bigproblem today is good players do not necessarily make good coaches, its happening more and more, i think the respect issue has a lot to do with this problem eg Players and buddies, then the following season it becomes player and boss, not always workable, but i still think Toulouse will win this weekend.

Personally I think toulouse despite the last few years not being as successfull as say the late 90s/ early 00s are on a massive Guy Noves hangover. I agree with the idea of promoting from within but as you say JJFLASH I think it may be time to get someone "big" in before they become a second rate team in a big competitive league. Who this person is I'm not sure tbh

TOP 14 - Pour la réception de Brive dimanche (12h30) dans le cadre de la 6e journée de championnat, Benjamin Fall et Benoît Paillaugue seront ***ulaires au sein du XV de départ de Montpellier. Le centre Romain Cabannes fera sa première apparition sous les couleurs de Brive.

Le XV de départ de Montpellier : Fall ; O'Connor, Dumoulin, Steyn, Nadolo ; (o) Catrakilis, (m) Paillaugue ; Battut, Galletier, Liebenberg ; Tchale-Watchou, Mikautadze ; Kubriashvili, Géli, Nariashvili.
Les remplaçants : Van Wyk, Watremez, Van Rensburg, Qera, Wright, Botica, Immelman, Jannie Du Plessis.

Le XV de départ de Brive
: Germain ; Galala, Cabannes, Tuatara, Masilevu ; (o) Laranjeira, (m) Iribaren ; Sanconnie, Koyamaibole, Whetton ; Mela, Lededevec ; Toetu, Acquier, Pointud.
Les remplaçants : Ribes, Lavergne, Steenkamp, Waqaniburotu, Narisia, Bézy, Burotu, Buys.

I was in the Ernest Wallon for the match yesterday, really cool atmosphere and rugby broke out occasionally too. Looking forward to going back when a few better teams come to play. Dan Carter is definitell on my wishlist, I think I've missed Mads which is rather devastating though!!

I was in the Ernest Wallon for the match yesterday, really cool atmosphere and rugby broke out occasionally too. Looking forward to going back when a few better teams come to play. Dan Carter is definitell on my wishlist, I think I've missed Mads which is rather devastating though!!

Was the ground full? The atmosphere is usually good but the last match I went to was against Sarries in the European pool and the ground was less than half full and the atmosphere was flat!
Pleased you enjoyed it!

Was the ground full? The atmosphere is usually good but the last match I went to was against Sarries in the European pool and the ground was less than half full and the atmosphere was flat!
Pleased you enjoyed it!

It was at 80% I think. The match itself was really up and down with a lot of bad kicking especially so it did fall flat at times but compared to the RDS it was really loud, my friends who I dragged along weren'the rugby fans at all and want to go backnow anyway! I'm hoping to be in town for Racing, Clermont and Castres especially because if Toulouse throw together a good performance I imagine it'll be the best rugby spectating experience I'll ever have!

glad you enjoyed your experience Clermont is always good and Castres is a local derby so enjoy if you get the chance

Last edited:

Latest posts