• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 7

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
THIS WEEKENDS FIXTURES......notice the excellent organisation 5 games start less than 3hrs before the WC Final. I presume attendances could well be down this weekend, they only had 4 years to get it right, obviously not enough time. FFR / LNR, Once again show of their organising skills and people wonder why French International rugby is in a SHAMBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Du 31 Octobre au 1 Novembre 2015 [TABLE="class: classic-table matchs-table hr-link-table"]
<tbody>[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 31/10[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] USO
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-a"]
Club-Rugby-Oyonnax.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-before-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 14h00[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-after-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-b"]
rugby-club-section-paloise-bearn-pyrenees.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SUA
[/TD]
rugby-club-sporting-union-agen-lot-et-garonne.png
[/TD]
LogParis-d1b84_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SFP
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] UBB
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Union-bordeaux-Belges_0.png
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Atlantique-stade-rochelais-la-rochelle_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ASR
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] R92
[/TD]
logo_racing92_2015.png
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Brive-Correze-limousin.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] CAB
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] MHR
[/TD]
Club-rugby-montpellier-herault.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 14h30[/TD]
s.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ST
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ASM
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Clermont-auvergne-ASM.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 20h45[/TD]
Club-Rugby-castres-olympique.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] CO
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 01/11[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] FCG
[/TD]
Club-rugby-FC-grenoble-rugby.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 16h15[/TD]
logo_toulon_rct_2015_2016_3_etoiles_hd.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] RCT
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Two interesting top flight encounters in Pro D2
Bayonne ( 4 ) - Perpignan ( 2 ) tomorrow night
Aurillac (3) - Lyon ( 1 ) Sunday afternoon

PREDICKTIONS FOR THIS WEEKENDS GAMES..........Home wins for Grenoble,Bordeaux, Oyonnax, Clermont, Racing, away win for Paris, and of course Montpellier to beat Toulouse and confim their 2nd place statue. Another very tough game for us but confidence is high after the win last week v Clermont. One or two injuries to cope with and will no doubt be seeing an all Aussie 9/10 Nic White and Ben Lucas.

Two interesting top flight encounters in Pro D2
Bayonne ( 4 ) - Perpignan ( 2 ) tomorrow night
Aurillac (3) - Lyon ( 1 ) Sunday afternoon

And for a different reason BO v Beziers tonight? Can BO's run end?

could not watch any match yesterday evening, but read that it was closed and Beziers was pushing till the end.
Well done the B.O. !

Last edited:
Great Toulouse win in a pulsating game away to the T14 SA franchise aka Montpellier ;)

Which goes to show that Toulouse can more than match any SH imported team :D - this should help alleviate the current NH vs SH inferiority complex on this forum...

Bézy bossed the game well for us and Fra U20 Aldegerhi made a difference in the scrum in 2nd half.Call me biased but how does this game not compare favourably vs the drudge served up last night in the SA v Arg game?

Perfect example of how a league game can offer more exciting rugby to watch than many RWC games.

We need to trust our youngsters more. They are delivering: Bézy Camara Aldegerhi Marchand Baille were our best players and fronted up. They are steadily improving IMO. Camara was everywhere, Marchand's throwing was excellent. Didn't need to be substituted for Tolofua whose throwing put our line-out under pressure.
All they need now is full trust from the staff... Jury still out on Mola...

And it's fair to say this Montpellier team with the arrival of the DuPlessis bros is going to be a real handful. I can see them making the play-off and why not contenders for the Bouclier.

And the 6 tries ...Final score 25 -33

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice win for Toulouse. A surprise? Not really, as they are capable of beating the better teams - just not every week!!
Next week at home against Grenoble will probably be tight!

Clermont - Castres: 42-13 - all the tries

[video]http://www.lnr.fr/rugby-top-14/tv-rugby-top-14/resume-match/top-14-resume-clermont-castres-42-13-j7-saison-2015-2016[/video]

Last edited:
Back to the T14 for me. I've not been able to follow the games AND the RWC. I'll see if I can make the time to watch a replay or two. While Racing are in a good position the results have been hard fought for and a glance at the match details teels me the games I've missed follow that trend.

Looking at that log with the large amount of wins but not a single BP and a narrow points margin I just have to laugh as its just too much like the Stormers. It'll get you to the play-offs but teams that have that extra gear will beat you when it matters. I hope the addition of a seemingly in-form Carter as well as the return of some of our better backline players from the French squad give us the needed boost.

All results top of thread !!! as for us we gave the game to Toulouse in the first 20 mins "the lights were on but nobody was at home" in hindsight if were had gone onto the park with the right head set we would have won that game but that's life you can't win them all. Did get the chace to speak to the Du Plessis bros, amongst the media circus that was buzzing all around them from the moment they arrived to the time they left. Canal were impressed to get the very first interview in France with them so we did do something right on Sat. Next week Toulon another toughie, media and training sesssion today could be some hard work on todays menu!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In these situations keep my head down and do my job!!!!!!!!

All results top of thread !!! as for us we gave the game to Toulouse in the first 20 mins "the lights were on but nobody was at home" in hindsight if were had gone onto the park with the right head set we would have won that game but that's life you can't win them all. Did get the chace to speak to the Du Plessis bros, amongst the media circus that was buzzing all around them from the moment they arrived to the time they left. Canal were impressed to get the very first interview in France with them so we did do something right on Sat. Next week Toulon another toughie, media and training sesssion today could be some hard work on todays menu!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In these situations keep my head down and do my job!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to this game very much. Not sure who will be playing for Toulon as the palyers arrive back from the world cup. Should be a great game!

We have injuries galore, at the moment its 10 in the infirmerie, +3 on holiday which does not give us a great deal of choice for Sats away game with Toulon.

Is there a English site that i can go to that has the named teams for the next round as my french is not great.

Is there a English site that i can go to that has the named teams for the next round as my french is not great.

Are you after the fixtures or the players playing?

If it is the fixtures, you can wait for Gaston who puts the next fixtures up here no later than the Thursday - and often, but less regularly, the team selected! You can also got to http://www.rugbyrama.fr/ for the fxture lists which does not require a knowledge of French to understand.

If you are after a list of the players selected for each team, I am not aware of one website that lists all teams' selections but you can go to the relevant club's web site between 24/36 hours before kick off and look under "Equipe"

Thanks for that. I do have some understanding of French and do use the Toulon site. Just some forums i frequent when super rugby starts the team lists go up about 24 hours before the first game.

most teams are published around Fri for Sat and Sun games we at Montpellier publish ours around Fri 18.00 although i know the team in advance not allowed to put it on a site before the club releases it (normal)

We have injuries galore, at the moment its 10 in the infirmerie, +3 on holiday which does not give us a great deal of choice for Sats away game with Toulon.

Yes but Toulon have not be doing so well this year. I however think they will finish the season off well as the players return from the WC.
I have loved watching the top 14 of a quite while now through Fox sports in Australia and with so many of our players over there. The standard is good and it is by far the most entertaining of all the European rugby comps. It is second only to Super rugby.

I think yopu need to understand that although Toulon is one of the best if not the best team in the TOP 14 winning especially away from home is nie on impossible the stats are about 80/90% of home wins throughout the season. Toulon will certainly be at the finish with Clermont, Racing and hopefully Montpellier, but as you mentioned they provided many players for this years World Cup.

Thanks gaston. Why is it so hard to win away in your opion. I know in super rugby it can be hard with a lot of overseas travel but not so hard when traveling in your own country here.

Latest posts