• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 7

It has a lot to do with French mentality this is nothing new its just the way it is plus there are not that many travelling supporters to away games, although i go to many the following for Montpellier woud not exceed 100 or so if the venue is a certain distance. I was very surprised 2 weeks ago when we played Clermont, who normally have the best away following, but there were perhaps a couple of hundred no more. When usually it can be a couple of thousand.
Coaches like our Jake White are trying to turn this mentality around but he wil always find it difficult but we have won 2 out 3 away games this season already which is very good.
The other thing is, and this is always denied, referees tend to ref the home team with the advantages and close calls, this is common knowledge but it never happens so they say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank mate. Are yes the old chestnut poor calls to the away team. I shall watch more closely over the rest of the season.

The other thing is, and this is always denied, referees tend to ref the home team with the advantages and close calls, this is common knowledge but it never happens so they say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indeed , home refering is a pure top14 disease. it starts geting ridiculous nowadays.
Also that stupid defensive bonus tends to make teams run for a -7 defeat to get a point, instead of wining away.

its no longer -7 since last season its -5 difference for the bonus defensive point. and + 3 tries for the attacking bonus point

its no longer -7 since last season its -5 difference for the bonus defensive point. and + 3 tries for the attacking bonus point

yes since last season , but i didnt really care, i was supporting SF :lol:
Anyway, for me, that bonus is irrelevant.
For exampel, 1 point will be given to a team that loses a game 9-6, but the one who lost 65-45 wont get ****?
What game do you thing fans enjoyed watching the most? 9-6 or 65-45?
Since bonuses are supposed to increase number of tries and and make more enjayble games, this cannot be more stupid.
The 4 tries bonus without any relation to much scored the oponent team was way way way better.
For me a defeat is a defeat. Rewarding a defeat as no sense at all.

For exampel, 1 point will be given to a team that loses a game 9-6, but the one who lost 65-45 wont get ****?
Since bonuses are supposed to increase number of tries and and make more enjayble games, this cannot be more stupid.
The 4 tries bonus without any relation to much scored the oponent team was way way way better.

I have watched some cracking games where the score was low and poor games when the score was high!

Reckon the view depends whether you like real rugby or rugby played like a form of basketball?

As regards bonus points, I love the 3+ tries rule as you are never really sure of it until end of play. Compare this to scoring four tries which can happen in the first half alone! As regards the defensive, what is the point of it at all (if you will excuse the pun)!

Firstly whether you support SF or other the defensive bonus pt stays the same.
The team who lose 65-45 lose by 20pts and dont deserve a defensive point
The game that has the best rugby is the one to watch not the one with the most points scored!!!
The defensive bonus pt is not to increase tries it is given because the defenece stopped tries being scored and with it at -5 it could also give the team a chance to win the game 7 pts for converted try, and that goes all the way to the 80 min as does the +3 tries system.
The 4 try system is rubbbish the game can be over by half time and both teams can score the bonus pt with 4 tries apiece which is even more ridiculous. you score 4 tires and are within 5 pts of the game winner, you score 2 points which is the amount given for a draw even more ridiculous.
Your system of not rewarding a defeat ..... yet you want to reward 4 tries which can happen for both teams not logical........
but each to their own and for pure excitement i prefer the French system as the game is open until the final whistle no points are decided until the end, and this applies in many games.

Last edited:
Possible players for Toulon side this weekend.

Forwards : Fresia , Chiocci , Etrillard , Guirado , Stevens, Chilachava , Manoa , Taofifénua , Mikautadze , J Smith , S, Armitage, Fernandez Lobbe , Gorgodze .

Backs : Pelissie , Tillous -Borde , Cooper, Seuteni , Yobo , Tuisova , Bastareaud , Mermoz, Turner, Belan , D + Armitage Tom Taylor

They are taking cooper to Montpellier. Don't think he will start. I don't think Tom Taylor will play at all as he only arrived on Thursday.

possible players for toulon side this weekend.

Forwards : Fresia , chiocci , etrillard , guirado , stevens, chilachava , manoa , taofifénua , mikautadze , j smith , s, armitage, fernandez lobbe , gorgodze .

Backs : Pelissie , tillous -borde , cooper, seuteni , yobo , tuisova , bastareaud , mermoz, turner, belan , d + armitage tom taylor

they are taking cooper to montpellier. Don't think he will start. I don't think tom taylor will play at all as he only arrived on thursday.

there is a top 14 day 8 thread already open, can we please put teams concerning this weekends games in day 8 thread thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One ! Mark may have been enough there

Latest posts