• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Violence

M

MarkHK

Has anyone got any information/pictures on the Top 14 violence from last weekend?

There's a 49 Mo video available showing what happened at real speed and slow motion with some loud rock music in the background. If you visit several Rugby forums you will find a working link to the mentioned footage.

What an incredible video. Mayhem. The Blue teams Hooker and Fly Half were nutters, flying in there boots 'n' all. But I can't believe how it started. Stupid.
And the crowd, what the hell goes on up there in the north?
<

It was a quality scrap, more like a Ninja/UFC style fight than a typical Rugby one!

Agreed, there was crazy leaping everywhere. Insanity. Pure insanity.
That Hooker is what did it for me. (A sentence I have been saying quite often these days).

The Bourgoin captain, Sylvain Bonnaire is the flanker or N°8 of the France team. He is the guy who intervenes seeing his SH being punched by Lafforgue, the Agen captain, centre. Both are going to be suspended. Bonnaire won't play therefore the November tests.

Why the hell did he go over and punch the scrum half? At first it looked like he was checking to see if he was alright, then he just went nuts on him.

Just seen that video.

freaky funny as ****. That song in that video is from Fifa 06 (great song!)

The Fly Half really proved he was a FLY half!!

That is NOT funny, its moments like this that are ruining the sport, but I agree there is some level of humour involved, its just that it was started by something so stupidly simple and finished with half the crowd involved aswell.

Dispicable.

thanks guys. Video is pritty funny in a way, although that should never happen on a rugby field. Especially amongst professionals

Luc Lafforgue (Agen, puncher) : 70 days suspension
Julien Bonnaire (Bourgoin) : 50 days suspension

Originally posted by Darhf@Oct 20 2005, 02:26 PM
Luc Lafforgue (Agen, puncher) : 70 days suspension
Julien Bonnaire (Bourgoin) : 50 days suspension
<

Is that it? Just the two players suspended after a brawl like that? Incredible.

Bonnaire is the Bourgoin No 8, yes? So the fella who ran in and jumped Cantona-style at the red dudes got nowt? I thought Julian White had gotten off lightly until I saw that!

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 21 2005, 07:46 AM
So the guy who got punched and knocked out was given a suspension????

<
No, the guy who was punched is Mikaël Forest and he was not suspended. It's his captain who violently intervened in reaction of what had just happened to him who is suspended 50 days.

Oh, I get it. I thought the RFU was being biast once again.

Thats if the RFU actually have anything to do with French rugby, I imagine so anyway.

Latest posts