• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 5 favourite rugby moments of the Noughties...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 2 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
wanker2.jpg
[/b]

How'd you find a picture of me?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Air4life @ Jan 3 2010, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
From Bulls/Springbok perspective
Random Order

-Bulls vs Chiefs Super 14 Final 2009
-Beating the Lions 2009
-SA Winning the WC 07, first game was my favorite SA vs Eng 36-0 was watching the game at Gatwick Airport before my flight to Ibiza, in the beginning i was the only saffa in the pub with 40 other people assuming most english, 10 mins towards the end i was the only one there :D
-This years Tri Nations and Beating the AB's 3 times.
-2000 South Africa 46 - 40 New Zealand what a game!

Worst moments:
-pretty much everything pre 2004. <_<
-2006 Australia 49 - 0 South Africa
-2002 England 53 - 3 South Africa
-loosing 5 games on the trot in 2006[/b]

That is a pretty impressive decade if you can afford to leave out the first Bulls Super 14 ***le win in 2007. I thought that game with Habanas last ditch try would rate as one of the best.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 2 2010, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ah, the five worst. The All Blacks will probably like this list a little more than many of the other lists

4) Ireland 17 France 20

france110207_228x190.jpg

I don't want to talk about it. French ******** :D

2) I was going to put the 05' Lions in but I decided to go with:
The 2003 World Cup

It was crap from an Irish perspective, we got hammered in the quarter final by France. It also introduced the English bandwagon fan to the game which was a right pain in the arse for quite a while. At least they're over the smugness now.[/b]

I watched the 07 game yesterday :D . Awesome game. Vincent Clerc at his very best. And I watch the 2003 game regularly as well. Superb display by the French. Somehow the French tean likes to *****slap you guys... :lol:

I remember my worst rugby moment. There is only one that really stands out. I woke ready to watch the game. The sun was out. I sat quietly confidant. My mate arrived early in the morning to watch the game. My spirits were lifted earlier with new that Australia were out...I didn't see it coming...I just didn't see it coming.

Victims in terrible crimes all ways say, "I didn't think it could happen to me". I didn't think it could happen to me...twice...AND IN THE F*CKING QUATER FINAL!

I went outside, and punched the ground.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jan 3 2010, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I remember my worst rugby moment. There is only one that really stands out. I woke ready to watch the game. The sun was out. I sat quietly confidant. My mate arrived early in the morning to watch the game. My spirits were lifted earlier with new that Australia were out...I didn't see it coming...I just didn't see it coming.

Victims in terrible crimes all ways say, "I didn't think it could happen to me". I didn't think it could happen to me...twice...AND IN THE F*CKING QUATER FINAL!

I went outside, and punched the ground.[/b]

This is music to my ears... :p
;)

5. Stormers 19 Hurricanes 23 (2006)

The Hurricanes looked down and out for most of the match, only Hosea to steal the game in basically the last minute of the match with an amazing individual try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W2K7CLxwRQ

4. Crusaders 24 Hurricanes 30 (2009)

It was a relief to finally beat the ******** after losing to them so much in the finals.

3. All Blacks 48 Lions 18 (2005)

Speaks for itself.

2. Taranaki 30 Canterbury 23 (2004)

I can't remember the exact statistic, but Taranaki hadn't beaten Canterbury in goodness knows how many years, so this was a pretty special first win. Made it up to the stadium for this match, making it all that more fond in my memory. Thank you, Brock James.

1. France 6 All Blacks 45

It was a bad year for the ABs, but they finished it with this. Probably the most complete performance I've ever seen, imo. The Haka at the start was amazing, too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
That is a pretty impressive decade if you can afford to leave out the first Bulls Super 14 ***le win in 2007. I thought that game with Habanas last ditch try would rate as one of the best.[/b]

Was amazing seeing Habbana score that try since alot of my friends supports the Sharks :p I am reflecting achievements rather then instant moments like that one, I enjoyed this years Super 14 final more. Of course the Bulls won 3 Currie Cups in a row 2002-2004, draw another and won this year again. Winning the Tri Nations in 2004 was also special especially given the state of Springbok rugby in years before. Another Horrible stat for the springboks loosing 7 times in a row against England between 2000 - 2006. :eek: I think we are creeping back with that one winning the last 6 with rather bigger margins. :D

I'd say these are my top 5 as a Blues fan

5. Cardiff Blues 26 - 26 Leicester Tigers Heineken Cup Semi Final 09

Even though we lost this in the most stupid way ever, it was still a fantastic game to watch, and it cointained one of my all time favourite tries ever by Tom James:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoP9jyQjSxU

4. Cardiff Blues 31 - 21 Stade Francais Heineken Cup Pool Stages 07

Was a great game to watch and a great win for the Blues, especially considering that they'd lost their first and second choice Fly Halves and had to play Ponty youngster Dai Flannagen, who then was given goal kicking duties when Ben Blair pulled out the night before the match. Dai stepped up to it and had a brilliant game and slotted a drop goal which helped secure the Blues' quarter final place.

3. Gloucester 12 - 16 Cardiff Blues Heineken Cup Pool Stages 09

Tom James got sent off after about 20 mins of this game for a silly head butt (can hardly be called a headbutt - Azam won an Oscar for his dive afterwards) but somehow or other the Blues kept in there and Bradley Davies scored a crucial try late on to win the match after Halfpennys goalkicking had kept the Blues in touch.

2. Cardiff Blues 35 - 26 Llanelli Scarlets

This is easily one of the best games I have ever seen, just a pity I can;t find highlights of it anywhere. There were 8 tries in all, with the Blues fighting back from 14 - 0 down to lead 17 - 14 at half time, then fighting back from 26 - 24 to win with a bonus point and the bragging rights.

1. Cardiff Blues 50 - 12 Gloucester EDF Cup Final 09

It's always nice to whoop Gloucester, and even more so when it's ina Cup Final. It might not have been the Heineken Cup, but at least it was something and the Blues badly needed to bag some silverware! Some brilliant tries were scored by the likes of Halfpenny, and it made me a very happy man :D

Latest posts