• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 8

A

Aus_Matt

So wat teams do u see not making the top 8 seeing how close the comp is this year

Well, I can definetly see Newcastle not making it the top 8 as long as we keep MacDougall in first grade. Gold Coast wont. Canberra wont. Wests wont.

ladder.jpg

Using the finals predictor on the NRL site, this is what I came up with.

If I have to make my predictions halfway through the comp, the Top 8 would be (after closely monitoring their sick list, stats, blah blah blah):

1. Storm

2. Sea-Eagles

3. Bulldogs

4. Cowboys

5. Eels

6. Warriors

7. Dragons

8. Tigers

The Broncos season was over as soon as Lockyer was injured. ***ans are just pretending while the Knights & Sharks could prove me wrong...

my top 8:

1. Storm
2. Manly
3. Cowboys
4. Bulldogs
5. Eels
6. Broncos
7. Warriors
8. Tigers

Broncos have a couple of easyish games coming up (touch wood) against canberra at home, sharks at home.. most of our games coming up are at home, so i thinks we have a good shot at winning them, especially with Hunt and Hodges back. We competed well with the Eels without our biggest playmakers, and Hunt and Hodges will amke a big difference i thinks.

Bulldogs will storm home, hitting their straps at the right time of the season. Storm will choke in the finals again, peaked too early. Manly will also choke in the finals.

Dragons have no chance of making the 8.. Gaz will not make THAT much of a difference...

The Warriors have an easy draw to finish so they will get 3rd for sure. Bulldogs to slip into 4th, Cowboys - eels - broncos - rabbitohs. Storm look too strong but could get over confident.

I never thought I would see this coming with the Warriors lol! To also think they could come third hahaha!

Warriors run home ISNT so easy.

They face the roosters next weekend.. will be a test.. they should beat the ***ans... then they face the raiders at home.. they have showen they prefer to play at home.. then its the eagles.. can't see them winning that, then its penrith.. and we all know what happened last time lol.

Raiders have a near impossbile draw to make the 8

some tough games, but most are at home

If Raiders can muster up a win against Cowboys this week, then anything can happen

We are at the fullest strength all year with Costigan and Tom LL back.
For the first time ever, we should be fielding our strongest team for 2008

The timing is great.....the opposition is also great........very important matches coming up.

Top 4 as it is now, the bottom 4, will be a lottery.

ladder.jpg

Using the finals predictor on the NRL site, this is what I came up with.
[/b]
So you're expecting the Broncos to win 1 out of the next 5? Broncos without a doubt will make the 8.

I seriously hope Canberra will make it, but considering their draw it looks like upside down smiley faces for me.

The Warriors are looking to be a danger team...

I wouldnt rule out the bronocs missing out

Manly @ Suncorp
Storm @ Storm
Bulldogs @ Suncorp
Raiders @ Suncorp
Eels @ Parra

Without Lockyer.......I can only see them winning one more game, if i was to bet NOW.

You want top 6 anyways

You have buckleys hoping to beat Manly or Storm away in the finals - automatic exit for 7th 8th ranked

Storm
Sea Eagles
Eels
Cowboys
Warriors
Broncos
Bulldogs
West Tigers/Roosters/Rabbits (can't decide between the three)

So wat teams do u see not making the top 8 seeing how close the comp is this year [/b]

There are too many Broncos in the sick bay to have any chance of making it to the finals.. IMO

Come on the Roosters, I hope they finish 7th and get Manly first week. The Sea Eagles seem to be the best prospect to play, compared with the Storm, Eels or the Dogs/Warriors

<div class='quotemain'> So wat teams do u see not making the top 8 seeing how close the comp is this year [/b]

There are too many Broncos in the sick bay to have any chance of making it to the finals.. IMO
[/b][/quote]

Broncos are no chance with so many injuries. My tip is Hodges to play 5/8th this week against the storm and fail miserably

Berrigan and Hannant are now out as well, so is another well known player who did something that went um-noticed right at the end of the game.

It's hard for me to say, but my beloved broncos could miss out on the top 8 for the first time since entering the competition 20 years ago. I seriously can't see them winning their remaining games :(

Warriors all the way. Going to be real tough at home for the upcoming playoff matched

yeah, maybe with vatuvei injured we might have a chance hahaha jks but look at storms stats dang near perfect.

Latest posts