• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top of the Pops

S

St Helens RLFC

Has been axed.

Will you miss it? Did you watch it? Do you think its axing is fine or totally unacceptable? Will you even know it's gone?

Used to watch it when I was younger, but it's been steadily going downhill to the point of being awful.

You know when they move it to Sunday evenings on BBC2 then it's in trouble.

It's the sort of franchise that could easily be brought back again if anyone was really desperate anyway.

I would like to see them keep the Top of the Pops 2, which has all the older records on, as some of them are really quite interesting...

If you know what I mean...

I agree that it has well truely done its time tho, the modern generation dont really go for it like they used to.. and I was never truely a fan of it...

Let's be honest, MTV has steadily killed it.

30 minutes of music, of which you usually only like one track, doesn't really cut it when you can put on a music channel and listen to what you want.

Used to watch it when I was younger, but it's been steadily going downhill to the point of being awful.

You know when they move it to Sunday evenings on BBC2 then it's in trouble.

It's the sort of franchise that could easily be brought back again if anyone was really desperate anyway.[/b]

Totally agree, I watch Scuzz and Kerrang for my musical need myself.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jun 21 2006, 03:17 PM

They're the geeks channels aren't they?

Big difference, we are geeks for we use internet forums. EMO's are depressed chavs.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jun 22 2006, 08:09 AM-->
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jun 21 2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jun 21 2006, 04:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Air Ben
@Jun 21 2006, 03:17 PM

They're the geeks channels aren't they?

Ah, wrong, try Emo.
There's a difference? [/b]
Being a wigga is so much cooler :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jun 22 2006, 03:17 AM
my sister buys those kerrang! magazines and they are just filled with Fall Out Boy, HIM, My Chemical Romance, Avenged Sevenfold and all those psudeo-rock bands and theres a lot of emo bands aswell

its been going down hill since they changed the theme song from led zeppelins "whole lotta love" to some shitty song.

Originally posted by sambãd5@Jun 22 2006, 01:53 PM
its been going down hill since they changed the theme song from led zeppelins "whole lotta love" to some shitty song.
lol ever since i read that, i cant get "Whole Lotta Love" outta my head. and thats not a bad thing

The only thing I'll remember Top of the Pops for is when they wouldn't let Nirvana play thier instrutments live, so Kurt Cobain sang Smells like Teen Spirit like a funeral song, and changed the opening words to "Load up on drugs, kill your friends" and you could see Krist and Dave in the background looking like Unco's pretending to play their instrutments.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 22 2006, 04:42 PM
The only thing I'll remember Top of the Pops for is when they wouldn't let Nirvana play thier instrutments live, so Kurt Cobain sang Smells like Teen Spirit like a funeral song, and changed the opening words to "Load up on drugs, kill your friends" and you could see Krist and Dave in the background looking like Unco's pretending to play their instrutments.
and kurt didnt really play the guitar? only moved his hand like a pendulum infront of it? i think they played that on some Nirvana special on C4 a while ago and it was pretty funny lol

Latest posts