• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top try scorer

S

stormmaster1

Who's going to be the top try scorer then folks?

I'm going to go for Habana. He's a class finisher, and i have a feeling SA will provide him with opportunities.
Assuming he doesn't break something in the S14 final.

Seeing as the All Blacks are playing Portugal, and if Sivivatu, Toeava, and Mils play.. Sivivatu could very well find himself having tries handed to him on a platter..

i agree with you all... all are dangerous attackers especially against the likes of Portugal although i'm eager to see them play (as im a fan of minnow teams)

Caucau if he can avoid suspension and if he's going to the WC, just coz he scores some bad as tries!!!

With the relatively easy opponents they'll face in the group stages you'd have to go with one of the NZ speedsters...

I'll have to agree with mimic. Sivivatu would definitely be my choice too. Other than that, it has to someone from the All Blacks because I think they have the easiest pool of teams, no doubt. Expect to see a cricket score against the Portugese.

Or perhaps the All Blacks have the greatest chance to retain their RWC history winnng margin over a team, back from Australia's 142-0 record over Namibia.

Tuilagi just got stuffed against Wasps. Sorry, but all these comparisons to Jonah Lomu are basically media hype. I'm sure he's still good, but I'm also sure that teams used to have trouble shutting down Lomu even when they knew he was the most potent weapon. All this to say Tuilagi is not going to be the top try scorer. I'm going to say that Habana is most likely to take that spot or maybe Sivivatu. Both posess incredible pace and are part of teams that know how to put them into space.

honestly i would rather wait til the world cup teams are announced (from the major teams anyway) because who knows who could be injured or whatever.

honestly i would rather wait til the world cup teams are announced (from the major teams anyway) because who knows who could be injured or whatever.
[/b]

The only problem sometimes with big scores v smaller teams is that wingers don't always score that many. They score, but any overlaps created tend to be 3 on 1 or 4 on 1 so the centre or a forward gets the try. i'm going to stick with Habana just to have someone other than the all blacks and after picking him he scored the winning try v the sharks in the S14 final.

no what i am saying is that i am waiting to see who actually gets in the squads, not who they are playing against :)

The only problem sometimes with big scores v smaller teams is that wingers don't always score that many. They score, but any overlaps created tend to be 3 on 1 or 4 on 1 so the centre or a forward gets the try. i'm going to stick with Habana just to have someone other than the all blacks and after picking him he scored the winning try v the sharks in the S14 final.[/b]