• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tour itineraries? - (Any other single fans touring NZ (by camper? )

LoneLion2017

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Cornish Priates
I am sure I will bump into lots of Lions fans on my travels but wondered if anyone else was also travelling out independently? ( camper van)

This trip has already cost me a divorce on top of the expense of getting there etc but there no stopping me from being there! 3 tests plus Rotorua) It would be good to meet up with a few people here and there along the way for a beer and a banter! ( and hopefully some good company if I am lucky?)

Any ideas for good rugby bars , clubs that will give us a warm welcome

Chris from Cornwall, England

Hi Chris
Am currently researching camper van option in order to follow the lions. Package tours seem exorbitant which is why I am negotiating to obtain flight/ tickets before I commit to camper van hire. When this is done I'll try to be in touch to see whether there are other like minded souls.

I am sure I will bump into lots of Lions fans on my travels but wondered if anyone else was also travelling out independently? ( camper van)

This trip has already cost me a divorce on top of the expense of getting there etc but there no stopping me from being there! 3 tests plus Rotorua) It would be good to meet up with a few people here and there along the way for a beer and a banter! ( and hopefully some good company if I am lucky?)

Hennessy's bar in Rotorua will have a marquee up and has entertainment on all week prior to the Maori game,
I went to the BOP game in Rotorua in 2005 that's where most Lions supporters hung out, but there are plenty of bars in Rotorua to enjoy.

Can you not just buy a cheap old estate car and sleep in the back of that? Bet it works out cheaper than hiring a camper van.

Have a great trip Chris, I will be out there on the tour. Looking forward to it.

Latest posts