• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

training alone

B

blwalt17

well... seeing as how i will be training alone atleast for another year, what can i do?

i know running and lifting, but other than that i don't know.

also, what ball should i buy, and a good rugby read would be interesting. thanks.

It depends on what position you play...
One thing you can always do is work on footwork drills. They will increase your agility. That would be running through old tires, or another simple thing is to set up a rope grid using lawn spikes and...well...rope.
If you are in the scrum, push a car...get your mum or a friend to sit in the drivers seat and put it in neutral whilst you push it up the street.

It depends on what position you play...
One thing you can always do is work on footwork drills. They will increase your agility. That would be running through old tires, or another simple thing is to set up a rope grid using lawn spikes and...well...rope.
If you are in the scrum, push a car...get your mum or a friend to sit in the drivers seat and put it in neutral whilst you push it up the street.
[/b]
Don't try that one if you live on the side of a hill.

Also, Rugby: A Player's Guide to the Laws is a very good read. I recommend it.

push a car...get your mum or a friend to sit in the drivers seat and put it in neutral whilst you push it up the street. [/b]

Where I come from thats called running out of gas. If you really wanna do this make friends with a poor but optimistic driver..

2 minute drills. pushups situps burpies, shuttles, sprints, agility work, do each drill for 2 mins at 100% 1 mins rite in between..warm up with a 5k run or whatever you can handle.

mark

- Do a lot of swimming (that's if you live near the sea or pool)..it strengthens & broadens your shoulders.

- Chop firewoods daily (strengthen your wrists)

- Run uphill at least 3 times a week. (and at least once, run with a backpack full of stuff)

- Eat the right food and drink plenty of water.

- Sleep early.

and you could become the next superstar. Good Luck. :cheers:

Latest posts