• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRC Table

I said before the first match the tournament that there will never be a better chance for the Pumas to win an RC. I'm almost starting to believe it.

Like a normal season. Not much change, just New Zealand and South Africa swapping places. Close race for the wooden spoon...
TRC W3.png

Argentina become the 6th country to beat us at home, after Ireland became the 5th a few weeks ago

I was already joking before how NZRU didn't have the guts to invite the Pumas to Eden Park and put that record on the line

In terms of World Rugby Rankings, I calculated Australia stay ahead of Argentina. By a margin of... 0.01 points (but you both leapfrog Scotland. NZ 5th, Aus 6th, Arg 7th)

Last edited:
No more headstands. Everything back to normal. It was fun while it lasted

1662224597250.png

Have to say I don't understand the logic behind 2nd and 3rd here

Argentina belatedly go up to #6 in the rankings because of how the home advantage is treated

Last edited:
No more headstands. Everything back to normal. It was fun while it lasted

View attachment 14754

Have to say I don't understand the logic behind 2nd and 3rd here

Argentina belatedly go up to #6 in the rankings because of how the home advantage is treated
Australia are 2nd as they have 2 wins with South Africa and Argentina with 1 win over the sides on the same points. but South Africa have a better PD than Argentina so are 3rd.

Oh, right I get it.
Because it's a 3-way tie-breaker, not Aus-RSA head to head. So although South Africa's win over NZ doesn't count, Australia's win over Argentina does count.
Tricky

Oh, right I get it.
Because it's a 3-way tie-breaker, not Aus-RSA head to head. So although South Africa's win over NZ doesn't count, Australia's win over Argentina does count.
Tricky
yes it is just a bit lopsided as everybody has not played each other yet and might have been even worse

It's been a great championship so far. 🏉 Very entertaining matches!

Our only hope is to go 2-0 v Argentina and hope Aussie takes one off NZ. That is a lot of ifs though but not entirely unimaginable.

Latest posts