• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tri nations

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 16 2006, 11:31 PM
Shock horror! I just played a quick tri nations and the bledisloe is now fought over 3 games, this better not be true do life!! (looks around frantically for an australian to punch.)
Sorry mate, but I'm pretty sure it's over three now not two.

Think about this way, it will be much harder for Aussie to retain it if they fluke a win one year.

I wanted them to suffer, like we did for so long. Remember when we wanted it back to three when they had it and ohh nooo, thats not in the best interests of the players blah blah, ooh im going to be fird up this year for the bledisloe, might even get out my all blacks jersey(i put it away in sheer disgust at graham henrys flat backline embarassment)

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 17 2006, 12:15 AM
I wanted them to suffer, like we did for so long. Remember when we wanted it back to three when they had it and ohh nooo, thats not in the best interests of the players blah blah, ooh im going to be fird up this year for the bledisloe, might even get out my all blacks jersey(i put it away in sheer disgust at graham henrys flat backline embarassment)
You mean Wayne Smith's....GH is the defensive coach and head selector.

And they did get a version of it working on the end of year tour. Get the Black back on man.

No they didnt!!! Surely graham henry could hav put a stop to it, hes the head fricken coach. GH and WS should ge married and open a F**ken hair dressers. Anyway, I thought i was over it but the anger is coming back, so for my sake and everyone elses lets not talk about all blacks coaches, ill get the jersey back out, i promise.

:lol: :lol:

3 games fellas

its been fought overt the years of 1 2 and 3 match series...so this is nothin new

its been revert BACK to a 3 match series as part of the tri nations expansion

rugby.com.au

In 2006, it will expand back to a three match series, as part of an expanded Tri Nations series.

It will be like the SOO......

But u shouldnt hold fear of losing to us
a. GREGAN.........what a tool
b. EALES...........lack of

As for suffering.........look at us.............its 36 to NZ, 12 to AUS
From 1951 thru 1978, it was in NZ's hands............27 years of suffering :wall:

how old are you ak? do you remember all of that?

i just remeber gregans tackle on wilson that was heart breaking

and spencer missing kicks from right in front to let eales get a pentalty on full time to miss a game (thats why i hate spencer)

ahhh that was bad

at least we have it for the moment

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 17 2006, 09:33 AM

nah mate but i have been thru the suffering of listening to my uncles stories of those days

my earliest memories of bledisloe are back in the Lynagh, Farr-Jones, Grant Fox era

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 17 2006, 09:33 AM

and spencer missing kicks from right in front to let eales get a pentalty on full time to miss a game (thats why i hate spencer)

ahhh that was bad

Gregans tackle on wilson was the moment all kiwis started hating him, and it continues to this day. :D

Originally posted by CeeJay+Feb 17 2006, 10:01 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah
@Feb 17 2006, 09:33 AM

ahhh that was bad

Gregans tackle on wilson was the moment all kiwis started hating him, and it continues to this day. :D [/b]
granted was a good tackle

nothing will beat J Eales in 5th minute injury time

Mortlock come into the picture to kick

Eales barges in and pinches the ball and says

"I'm taking this"

2 minutes later........history was made

1 year later - history repeated......in the name of Matty Burke :bleh!:

:bravo: :cheers: :bravo: :D

they were the good ole days

Can we please stop talking about this, this is the reason why i only normally post in the gaming section......the anger......keeps coming back, i laughed at John eales when he stepped up for the kick....but i wasnt laughing for long. The nightmares dont come as often now, and id like to keep it that way.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 17 2006, 10:18 AM
Can we please stop talking about this, this is the reason why i only normally post in the gaming section......the anger......keeps coming back, i laughed at John eales when he stepped up for the kick....but i wasnt laughing for long. The nightmares dont come as often now, and id like to keep it that way.
i wont talk about Kefu then :p

You *******! (starts shaking uncontrollably) Its ok, i hav the 2003 tri nations on tape, I just need to take some deep breaths and watch it over, and everthing will be ok. At least thats what the doctor said.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 17 2006, 10:24 AM
You *******! (starts shaking uncontrollably) Its ok, i hav the 2003 tri nations on tape, I just need to take some deep breaths and watch it over, and everthing will be ok. At least thats what the doctor said.
nah nah

your all good ceejay

doing aussie proud :p

buying the giteau version of rugby........
:lol2tn:

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 17 2006, 10:44 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Feb 17 2006, 10:24 AM
nah nah

your all good ceejay

doing aussie proud :p

buying the giteau version of rugby........
:lol2tn: [/b]
Ive still got the aussie version of rugby 2001 (i used to live in aussie) But dont worry, ive already printed out a picture of the dan carter cover and ripped giteau out and put that in, its crap, but if i squint it looks like the nz version. :blink:

The Bledisloe is essentially a challenge cup and as such it should be hard to win. If every year the Bledisloe changed hands it would lose some of it's appeal. After Australia held it for so long 1998 - 2003 you could see how much it meant for the New Zealand players to win it back. Some of those players would never had held the trophy aloft before yet grew up with the history and magic of it.

I think that the two match format probably needed changing but it still worked especially as it made it tougher and more worthwhile to win.

With the three match format - the country (especially if that country is the challenger) that has two home games will have the big advantage to either keep or win the Bledisloe. And I don't think that it is fair. I assume that this will be rotated each year so it means that if you lose the Bledisloe then the next year you should be able to get it back with two home games.

Originally posted by BOKean@Feb 16 2006, 06:40 PM
:cheers:

extra games this year will be awsome

everyone at my house with lots of beer and lots of hate aussie attitude bwaahahahahah!!!
ummmm.....yeah....

Latest posts