• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

True Crime: Nyc

It's pretty shizen alright. Defiantely a step backwards from Streets of Los Angeles. Plus the main character is black, that kind of ruined it.

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 20 2005, 10:10 AM
Plus the main character is black, that kind of ruined it.
LMAO!!!

ahhahaha
<
<

...that halved the sales definately!

no wonder ppl loved to hated gta san andreas...all this time! and nobody told me!!!
<

True Crimes never was any good, the only good thing was the Bullet time and that was preety crappily done.

Warriors... anyone played that? made by Rockstar so its gotta be good.

I hired it out. It's pretty hard, and pretty violent, and pretty good.

I love Rockstar.

I'd like to get Warriors at some point. I actually quite like True Crime. Is it as good as LA? Probably not. But it is still enjoyable and the fact you can get a taxi cuts out half the driving across the city, thankfully!

Haven't played TC:SOLA for "donkey's" years. It was a good game at that moment in time, but I wasn't overly impressed with it now of ever.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Dec 20 2005, 06:28 PM
I'd like to get Warriors at some point.
same here....the funny thing is when the sydney riots were on, all of a sudden the warriors game was advertised..
<

though id rather watch the movie then play the game
<

Originally posted by kinkon89+Dec 20 2005, 10:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Dec 20 2005, 10:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Dec 20 2005, 06:28 PM
I'd like to get Warriors at some point.
same here....the funny thing is when the sydney riots were on, all of a sudden the warriors game was advertised..
<

though id rather watch the movie then play the game
<
[/b]
gotto tell you the riots got me wanting to buy the game ASAP.

and Christmas coming up

but i opted for 'God of War' - is that any good, coz santa is bringing it?

Its not normally my type of game, but all these rave reveiws??? 90%+

But will rent Warriors as soon as i get a chance to beat the lil kids to the video store, which is impossible on Christmas holidays...if its good i'll buy it.

The Warriors got heaps of air time in australia
Coincidentally, the same time the riots broke out...i bet rockstar are laughing to the bank, coz i have never seen a game advertised with such impact.....it was like BLIC with the ashes.....perfect timing of release.

Originally posted by ak47@Dec 21 2005, 10:51 AM
...i bet rockstar are laughing to the bank, coz i have never seen a game advertised with such impact.....
Yep, that and the fact that they have three of the most controversial, yet best selling games ever, released within 4 years of eachother...

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Dec 21 2005, 11:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Dec 21 2005, 11:12 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Dec 21 2005, 10:51 AM
...i bet rockstar are laughing to the bank, coz i have never seen a game advertised with such impact.....
Yep, that and the fact that they have three of the most controversial, yet best selling games ever, released within 4 years of eachother... [/b]
they get my thumbs up everytime

dont even wanna think about the next gta on ps3..........actually, lets just think for a moment...............oh ****.........oh ****
<

rockstar have a good reputation for games...you just wonder wat they'll do in their next game....imagine they made a rugby game..lol

btw i watched the movie "the warriors" pretty good...

i havent played it but i watched the video review from gamespot and it looks cool...got a good rating...its worth playing...

Most Overated game ever (God of War).

Sure, its a good game. But at the same time its not worth all the hype and 9.8/10 reviews it got. I would rate it myself an 8.5/10.

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 23 2005, 06:52 AM
Most Overated game ever (God of War).

Sure, its a good game. But at the same time its not worth all the hype and 9.8/10 reviews it got. I would rate it myself an 8.5/10.
Well my GF is getting me GOW...something different, is always good
Thus i requested Santa to drop by with a copy of the warriors, and last night he came early.

I have had 3 hours sleep................mad game.........loving the biffing.

Was getting ****** off at first coz on my TV, i can see the shaded square all the way to the darkness..........so i set it correctly, as per instructions, and i could barely see a thing during play...but i could still the see the shaded square

i boosted it up abit, and bobs your uncle, the game opened up to me, with proper brightness, so i could see alot more, and i was in GTA world without cars.

initially i couldnt see crap, but my TV is HD, so i could always see the shaded square in the options menu when setting the light.

its a bloody awesome game...not GTA, but something different, and so far deep

Rockstar cant put a foot wrong aye

I'm thinking that I might get True Crime: NYC. I like the idea of being a policeman. I'll just sell it on TradeMe when I'm bored of it and get the Warriors. Unless it really is that bad?

Wow, Gamerankings.com only average it out at 64% compared to the Warriors' 85%.

Hmm.

Rockstar are lazy. They had 2 years after Vice City and came up with San Andreas. They could've done a shitload more but were too busy having a laugh making shitty minigames which wouldn't be enabled in the final build. Way to go.

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Jan 8 2006, 06:05 AM
Rockstar are lazy. They had 2 years after Vice City and came up with San Andreas. They could've done a shitload more but were too busy having a laugh making shitty minigames which wouldn't be enabled in the final build. Way to go.
I know aye!! I mean, 2 years!! And the leap from Vice City to San Andreas was about as large as the leap from FIFA 03 to FIFA 04!! It was pathetic!

And for the minigames, hell yeah. Nobody cuts things from their games.

****a plz.