• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Turnovers

The ruck power gauge plays a role in who's got possesion of the ball at the time and sometimes it peaks and if you time it right and click R3 you can take possesion away from the opposing player.

The turnover talked about on this thread I think is the one where you just finish tackling a player than hold R3 and the ball is made unplayable but you get the scrum feed instead of getting pinged with a penalty for killing the ball.

[/b]

Doug hasn't talked about the power gage at all......so it is something to look into. I may have to take my xbox back and go hard against the computer and try to see how the power gage works. You would know a whole lot more about the power gage thingy as I get the feeling that the rest of us are clueless in this area.

Also....would playing the computer be a good idea to figure out the power gage thing?

<div class='quotemain'> maybe its a time thing. as in time between each time you try to keep hands in the ruck. every time i play a mate i hold on to the ball for a while till me defence gets set again then release befor i get penalised. every now and then when i need to i keep my hands in the ruck and it turns the ball over i never get penilised. i only do it maybe three times a game. sometimes after holding it in and releasing they cant even pass it out and it goes to a scrum. i dont know why but am also trying to figure it out. hopefully this helps a little bit. [/b]

Ok after playing my mate Doug a bit pretty much what you explained K Pac is the ay how it goes.....almost.

Doug says there is a time to go for it. He says that everytime he makes a tackle he presses the join ruck button a few times very quickly and then holds the ball in...this is done very quickly because he needs to get to the holding of the ball button before they pass it out.

He then WATCHES the animation to see if his players are piling into the ruck more than the opposition and if they are doing it quicker. If his players are taking their time and just standing there......then he gears up to let the ball go and defend another movement. If however the players are joining the ruck quickly then he continues to hold the ball in and uses his other hand to push the join the ruck button to get everyone in. Then he lets it go and clicks it again to use the hands in the ruck action. This he believes causes a turnover....HOWEVER....he believes it is also helped by a few other factors.

- a tackle made out in the backline

- when he is defending heavily on his own line

- when the opposition are trying to clear from their own line

Basically Doug says that after a few hundred thousand penalties you get the hang of when it does not work....very much like when you have possession....you know that getting tackled in certain places will make you hold or lose possession. Doug reckons that it is simply EXPERIENCE and learning to sense when you can do it or not....and that the best way to learn when it works or not is to do it at EVERY ruck. Eventually after being penalised a few million times you learn from the times you DO actually turn over how and when it does work....you just have to go through a whole lot of penalties trying to find when the hotspots happen. He says that after a while you will see a similar pattern happening with the times it does work and be able to recognise it and therfore go for it. you will also know when it is not going to happen and therefore let go of the ball and get ready to defend the next movement.

[/b][/quote] yeah ive been doing this to ill choose a defence and hold the ball in. i have been going over the replays and it always turns over with out a penelty if i have five players in the ruck when theres only four players in the ruck for the oposition. (this is what i have found out for the ps2 version)

by the way im holding in the defence selector as well as holding in the ball.

dont know if the holding in of the defence select does anything but its what im mucking around with at the moment. when you use the tight defence it brings your forwards in quicker and i think this is how you get more players in the ruck faster so you can put your hands in the ruck and steal that ball for free! no penelties attached.

Yep you can figure out how to hold the ball in and get the scrum feed by playing against the computer.

Numbers don't really have too much to do with getting the turnover only if your gona use the power gauge but if you want to hold it in you can have no one in the ruck and still get the turnover. Also its best to do it on a back and if you isolate him and do a driving tackle its pretty much guaranteed.

Yep you can figure out how to hold the ball in and get the scrum feed by playing against the computer.

Numbers don't really have too much to do with getting the turnover only if your gona use the power gauge but if you want to hold it in you can have no one in the ruck and still get the turnover. Also its best to do it on a back and if you isolate him and do a driving tackle its pretty much guaranteed.

[/b]

So many theories to try...damn my xbox is over my mate Dougs! I need to get it back to try it out!!!!!

What turnover are you trying to master? the one where you make the ball unplayable giving you the scrum feed or the one where as soon as the ruck goes down you press R3 and it gives it to you straight away?

What turnover are you trying to master? the one where you make the ball unplayable giving you the scrum feed or the one where as soon as the ruck goes down you press R3 and it gives it to you straight away? [/b]

Anything and everything oh great master!

I think I speak on behalf of all players around the world!

At the moment im doing this and it seems to be working. when i make a tackle i quickly select the tight defence to get most of the forwards there. I hold R3(kill the ball) and simultaneously jam L2(select player) and X(enter the ruck) if my players are diving in quicker i hold the ball a bit longer for the turnover. if there not diving in quicker as the oposition i select a different defence and release the ball. then do it all over again. i am winning way more ball than before. especially when playing my mates. even on the enitial tackle its turning over more. i think maybe even from the momentum from the previous rucks.

anyways they think i have a cheat. i think its just tactics.

At the moment im doing this and it seems to be working. when i make a tackle i quickly select the tight defence to get most of the forwards there. I hold R3(kill the ball) and simultaneously jam L2(select player) and X(enter the ruck) if my players are diving in quicker i hold the ball a bit longer for the turnover. if there not diving in quicker as the oposition i select a different defence and release the ball. then do it all over again. i am winning way more ball than before. especially when playing my mates. even on the enitial tackle its turning over more. i think maybe even from the momentum from the previous rucks.

anyways they think i have a cheat. i think its just tactics.

[/b]

P.S The ball is also getting turned over when i hold the ball in and jam the forwards in there then release the ball. like how it gets turned over when your getting a backline move setup taking to long with minimal forwards and your opposition is jamming the forwards in. a straight turnover no scrum.

Bump

Ok after two years of my xbox living over other peoples addresses I have finally gotten it back. Yes believe it or not all my play on Rugby 06 has always been multiplayer and at other houses. I never had my xbox at my own place to experiment with stuff or even try out rosters lol!

Now I can actually spend some time trying to fugure out the variables involved in a turnover.

So....here begins the search for the holy grail.

I guess its random but when i desperately want a turnover i will make a tackle with my player and hit R3 once the tackle is done then its completely down to the player who made the tackle

I guess its random but when i desperately want a turnover i will make a tackle with my player and hit R3 once the tackle is done then its completely down to the player who made the tackle [/b]

Nah its not random.....K-Pac is on to something here.....getting close to finding the answer.

<div class='quotemain'> I guess its random but when i desperately want a turnover i will make a tackle with my player and hit R3 once the tackle is done then its completely down to the player who made the tackle [/b]

Nah its not random.....K-Pac is on to something here.....getting close to finding the answer.
[/b][/quote]

After playing alot of WL yesterday i noticed that the way the player is tackled has to be also taken into account. The example i have is that if u side tackle a player IE you ll tackle them and you'll see your tackler kinda of slide on the ground holding the opposition players legs you ll seem to always get a turnover

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> I guess its random but when i desperately want a turnover i will make a tackle with my player and hit R3 once the tackle is done then its completely down to the player who made the tackle [/b]

[/b][/quote]

After playing alot of WL yesterday i noticed that the way the player is tackled has to be also taken into account. The example i have is that if u side tackle a player IE you ll tackle them and you'll see your tackler kinda of slide on the ground holding the opposition players legs you ll seem to always get a turnover [/b][/quote]Yep that's the instant turnover with the sliding tackle and there's also one where you can isolate a player and there's the cheap one where you hold the ball in the ruck and than get the scrum.

Get some apples, make a sauce from them. Make some puff pastry and add the apple mix into the centre of the pastry. Roll the pastry into a semi-circle or triangle shape. Add some sprinkled sugar onto the pastry after wetting the pastry with egg. Then bake and enjoy.

That is the secret.

i didn't think there was an official way to turnover the ball (unless you get lucky and use R3 and get away with it), i thought the ball was just turned over if you are isolated and your scrum half can't be bovered to run over!