UFC 71: Liddell vs. Jackson

B

Bullitt

<div align="center">
chuck.jpg
VS
90_l.jpg
</div>
So, the Iceman us going up against the only man to beat him in the last 5 years in the shape of "Rampage" Jackson.

Official blurb:

Las Vegas, NV â€" Over the last four years Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell has been unstoppable. He has dominated his last seven fights and gained legendary status in the Octagonâ"¢ as the UFC® World Light Heavyweight Champion. In what will be the mega-fight of the summer, Liddell will meet Quinton "Rampage" Jackson for the second time in an attempt to avenge his loss to the last man who defeated him. Liddell will face his greatest challenge to date when The Ultimate Fighting Championship® organization presents UFC 71: LIDDELL vs. JACKSON live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena Saturday, May 26.

"I'm excited to make this long awaited rematch a reality for UFC fans," said UFC President Dana White. "Chuck has been on a mission to avenge all of his losses. He avenged Randy Couture, then Jeremy Horn and now standing in the way is Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Rampage is extremely excited to finally be in the UFC, and is very confident that his second fight in the UFC will earn him the light heavyweight championship. This is without a doubt the blockbuster fight of the summer."

Liddell (20-3-0) fighting out of San Luis Obispo, Calif., is a devastating striker with an incredible takedown defense. He is the reigning UFC World Light Heavyweight Champion and has knocked out his last seven opponents including Randy Couture (twice), Vernon White, Horn, Renato "Babalu" Sobral and most recently ***o Ortiz at UFC 66. Liddell is considered by many to be the most recognized mixed martial arts fighter in the world, earning the reputation
by delivering incredible knockouts and dominating the UFC light heavyweight division. He has no fears of facing Jackson, the last man to defeat him, and is sure the outcome of this heated rematch will end with yet another knockout.

"I've been waiting for this fight with Rampage for a long time. I'm excited about it and I will knock him out," said Liddell. "This is the last loss on my record that I have to avenge so I want to put that behind me and then look at new challenges."

Jackson (26-6), fighting out of Irvine, Calif., is known and respected for his raw strength, power slams and equal striking ability. He marched into the UFC in February and blazed his way through his first challenger â€" Marvin Eastman â€" by stopping him with a TKO in the second round. When he returned to the UFC, he came with a motive and a plan to capture the UFC light heavyweight crown, and now his dream rematch with the reigning UFC Light Heavyweight Champion has come true. Confident that he can handle the "Iceman" and take him out a second time, "Rampage" is ready to do battle in the Octagon and walk out with the light heavyweight belt.

"This is my job. This fight is just another day at the office for me and I predict that someone is going to get whipped," said Jackson. "On May 26, it's going to be on. I'm going to train the hardest I've ever trained in my life and it's going to be lovely!"

The remaining bouts for UFC 71: LIDDELL vs. JACKSON will be announced in the near future. All bouts are subject to change.

----------------------------------

Oh boy, I'm looking forwards to this.

Their first fight (Pride)
<div><object width="425" height="299"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6R0wNAelV4Ulb1yUj"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6R0wNAelV4Ulb1yUj" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="299" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Quinton Jackson vs Chuck Liddell
Uploaded by Panabas</div>

I've heard of Pride, but never seen it. Are Pride fights like the Jackson v Liddell? (i.e toe-to-toe boxing, not on the ground all the time).

I love watching UFC but it frustrates me sometimes as alot of the fighters go to the ground.

I've heard of Pride, but never seen it. Are Pride fights like the Jackson v Liddell? (i.e toe-to-toe boxing, not on the ground all the time).

I love watching UFC but it frustrates me sometimes as alot of the fighters go to the ground. [/b]

Pride is just another form of MMA (who as it happens, UFC have only just bought out). If you watch the ground work closer in MMA you'll notice there's a lot more going on then them simply rolling around. However, Jackson and Liddell won't be rolling around as they both prefer to stay on their feet.

As for Kimbo Slice, he wouldn't last 2 minutes against Randy Cotoure.

pride was the only good form of mma. period.

ufc is where all the pride losers have to go to win a "***le".

pride was the only good form of mma. period.

ufc is where all the pride losers have to go to win a "***le".
[/b]

it'll be interesting to see Shogun fight now without the use of his head stomps, soccer kicks, and knees on the grounded opponent.

I'm just waiting for Fedor to come to UFC and dominate all.

Only watched the fight last weekend. There was about 6 fights before the main event. All of the fights where enjoyable (well I fast forwarded all the slow parts)

I always knew that Ramage would beat Liddell again, but I was hoping that Lidell would of lasted longer. Still it was a lovely hook to the chin that ko'd Liddell.

I expected a longer fight to be honest, but I think that hook Rampage caught him with would have put anyone down. Once he went in for the ground and pound, it was obvious it was over!

Still, it's blown the light heavyweight division open... Until Bisping wins the ***le at least.

this should be mean!!!...GO RAMPAGE!!

and kimbo slice is ordinary against pro fighters

this further cements the reason why Boxing > MMA

At least most boxing matches go 12 rounds of punching, rather than boring mounting as seen in every UFC match, the only good form of MMA was pride where they actually fought and not floor humped.

In pride there was more striking and less boring floor **** but in ufc thats all they seem to do is try to submit or mount and that gets boring.

Once again I'll simply state Mayweather v De La Hoya. That'll shut up all the boxing fanboys.

Latest posts