• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Unexpected kicks on PS2

M

mikeeboy

When playing on PS2 every now and again, my players suddenly perform an up and under even though I haven't gone anywhere near the kick buttons. Is there another way of performing an up and under that I'm inadvertently pressing?

hey , haven`t got the game yet , but is it any good on ps2???
really excited.

This is happening quite regularly, I spin the ball out of the ruck, and the receiving player just starts doing an up and under, even if I've passed to a forward????

The only button I'd be pressing is R2 or maybe pushing the Right stick??

you sure that the kick button isn't stuck on your ps2? it could be something wrong with the controller rather than the game. have you tried using a different controller

Agreed, any problems ive had like that in my gaming experience, hav been down to a faulty controller.

Hmm, interesting, I've had another couple of weird things happening.

Random inside passes occur when I've asked to continue passing the same way.

After a tapped middle of the line ball, my outide half will often whip an inside pass to my blindside wing, again when I've asked to pass the same way.

After a catch from the lineout, and the setup of the maul, if I push and hammer x to pile my forwards in, my scrum half automatically performs a box kick??

That is weird. Have you tried using another controller?

None of this happened to me so far.

Well, could be the controller, but I haven't had any controller issues before and some issues are quite random, whereas the box kick from the maul always happens, so I just pass it out straight away now.

does sound like a faulty controller...sounds like something is stuck down or keeps triggering when you press other buttons. sometimes this happens if buttons are being pushed down whilst ps2 is coming on or loading...especially with analog sticks. i guess with u this is a recurring problem tho, not just one time your playing it.

Iv had it since release on PS2 and iv not had anything like that happen so id have to sya it does look like a faulty controller but who knows mayb you just got a dodgy game

Well, I pulled my controller out and just put it back in and all my troubles seem to have gone away, cheers guys. :)

It is the ultimate technical fix.

1. Turn everything off.

2. Unplug everything and I mean everything.

3. Simmer in silent and furious rage at the sheer unfairness of it all.

4. (Mandatory). Threaten to kick the offending piece of technology.

4. Plug everything back in.

5. Turn everything on and hope...

It is amazing how often it works.

mikeeboy - good to see that it has fixed your problem though

Originally posted by BigTen@Feb 21 2006, 06:00 AM
It is the ultimate technical fix.

1. Turn everything off.

2. Unplug everything and I mean everything.

3. Simmer in silent and furious rage at the sheer unfairness of it all.

4. (Mandatory). Threaten to kick the offending piece of technology.

4. Plug everything back in.

5. Turn everything on and hope...

It is amazing how often it works.

mikeeboy - good to see that it has fixed your problem though
Gotta love your style mate

yeah could have been a dusty connection in the ps2, might be a good idea to give it a big blow out (litteraly) just to clear the connections and stuff so it doesnt happen again so soon.

i am guessing it will happen again, maybe not for a while though

Latest posts