• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Union vs League

Which type do you prefer/love Union or league ?

• Union, all the way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • League, screw Union

• A bit of both, I'm flexible

• Neither, Rugby is rubbish

• Total voters
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Mar 10 2005, 09:02 AM
Yes, but I'm 16, so I don't feel any of this is my fault seeing as I had no control over it. It's a shame if everyone who follows Union is thought of in the same breath as the RFU in terms of how much of a '****' they are.
I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think League people think of Union fans in the same breath as the RFU.

God, I hope not.

I think the bulk of their insults and ****-takes are directed at our love for what is apparently the most boring code in all rugby: Kick n' Clap.

I've never heard a malicious comment from a league fan these days, but, they will still be the ones who bring up class. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a helluva lot of weight in that anymore because a lot has changed in over a century and more people across your great island are starting on equal footing.

Union is union, I absolutely despise everything and anyone to do with it in England.

I'll watch Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the Super 12/14/375 whatever it is now with great pleasure - it's fast and it's thrilling.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 10 2005, 10:53 AM
Union is union, I absolutely despise everything and anyone to do with it in England.
Even the fans?

What were your thoughts when England won the World Cup?

Originally posted by captainamerica+Mar 10 2005, 11:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Mar 10 2005, 11:49 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Mar 10 2005, 10:53 AM
Even the fans?

What were your thoughts when England won the World Cup? [/b]
I believe it was something like YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS! and then NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
aye saints
<

If I remember correctly, he, like the rest of the world, hated the fact that England won.

i love both games, loved playing both as well. they each have there own merits. nothing like watching the abs play a thriller or taranaki winning the ranfurly against aucks however i also think theres nothing quite like the passion of a great nrl game, big hits hard running, gotta love it.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 10 2005, 12:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Mar 10 2005, 12:52 AM)</div>
Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 10 2005, 11:49 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Mar 10 2005, 10:53 AM

Even the fans?

What were your thoughts when England won the World Cup?
I believe it was something like YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS! and then NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
aye saints
<
[/b]
Some of the fans, yes, who refuse to acknowledge the right of league to exist.

Sanzar is correct - I was at first delighted that England had beaten Australia at something, ANYTHING, but then I realised it was union, and revoked my celebrations and shunned anything and everything to do with it.

A dark day as far as I was concerned.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 9 2005, 11:53 PM
Well unfortunately Union is my passion. Despise away.

You're not personally.

Your awful code is a daily gripe of mine; god help union when I get this journalism degree in 2 months time.

Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 12 2005, 10:07 PM
Excuse for not being scared, some small time hack journalist aint gonna do jack
Journalism is influence in the right hands, cockle!
<

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 10 2005, 03:06 PM
Your awful code is a daily gripe of mine; god help union when I get this journalism degree in 2 months time.
Sorry to go of the topic of the argument a bit, but where did you do your degree? I'm hoping to go into journalism myself, it would just be nice to know what experiences people have already had. Also, I was told by someone in the industry that I wouldn't have to have a degree in journalism specifically, just something involving essay writing (English, history etc.). How have you found the journalism course? Better than doing anything else for getting into the industry do you think?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Mar 15 2005, 01:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Mar 15 2005, 01:55 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Mar 12 2005, 10:07 PM
Excuse for not being scared, some small time hack journalist aint gonna do jack
Journalism is influence in the right hands, cockle!
<
[/b]
It's propaganda in the left hands, treacle.
<

Latest posts