• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Unlockables

I wonder if he means a team of 'Clones' team rather than 'Zombies' ... in which case the Cougars would fit the bill

Originally posted by MightyQuin@Feb 10 2006, 09:31 AM
The confusing bit is that this means 90% attacking territory, but the game stats show territory as meaning in your own half - so what you actually need to unlock this is over 90% possession, and under 10% territory.

Thank God someone figured that out, it had the hell confused out of me.

Originally posted by bobbyball@Feb 20 2006, 06:00 PM
there is indeed a team of 'proper'  zombies to unlock, take my word for it.
does this mean there are some hidden unlockables as well as the featured "bonus" items???

I won the tri-nations on intensive care, but that didn't unlock anything ... so I went back to my career ... maybe if I get to the top in that something will happen, but it's taking me a hell of a long (but fun!) time.

The only listed bonus I still haven't managed is the "win with only one possession" - can't determine if the kick off counts as a possession or not - because it certainly shows in the possession stats as being your possession.

Originally posted by Ian@Feb 10 2006, 12:45 AM
Anybody unlocked all of the balls yet? Being a bit of a retro saddo, I had hoped that this feature might include items such as the old wallaby ball from the 70s or even the garish lemon-coloured one used by the All Blacks a few years back, but the first two "balls" only seem to add crazy quirks to the game like miniature players.
I'm a retro saddo too. I wanted to unlock the old Adiddas, you know, the one with the black ends on and brown leather...classic.

Aye lad, a truly iconic ball. In the days when British rugby used only the plain brown variety, five nations matches at the Parc des Princes somehow seemed more exotic thanks to this little beauty. It actually appeared in EA's Rugby 2004 (which was unfortunatley poor in all other respects), though without the ADIDAS name.

Originally posted by Ian@Feb 23 2006, 01:50 AM
Aye lad, a truly iconic ball. In the days when British rugby used only the plain brown variety, five nations matches at the Parc des Princes somehow seemed more exotic thanks to this little beauty. It actually appeared in EA's Rugby 2004 (which was unfortunatley poor in all other respects), though without the ADIDAS name.
It was in 2004? Cool, how did you get it? I didn't play that one much as I was busy that year and, well, it was crap. Sounds sad but that was part of what made me such a fan of French rugby...awesome! :D

Originally posted by Rugbyface+Feb 23 2006, 10:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ian
@Feb 23 2006, 01:50 AM
It was in 2004? Cool, how did you get it? I didn't play that one much as I was busy that year and, well, it was crap. Sounds sad but that was part of what made me such a fan of French rugby...awesome! :D [/b]
You didn't have to unlock it or anything. In Rugby 2004, you got a different ball at every club ground you played at - most just featured garish designs incorporating the home team's colours, but one bore a remarkable resemblance to the Wallaby I can't remember offhand which team had it, but I'll let you know after I've dug it out this weekend - if I can bear to play such drivel in the wake of the excellent RC2006 and Rugby 06!