• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Updating squads

B

Bluebirds

I created the same thread last year, so it's becoming tradition now.

As you know, many of the international squads are out-dated on the game what with players retiring, youngsters coming through or just not being up to the standard anymore.

So, any chance you guys can club together and post your nation's squad if all players are fit (Excluding those who have retired)?

Cheers fellas.

Scotland

15 - Southwell
14 - Paterson
13 - Di Rollo
12 - Henderson
11 - S. Lamont
10 - Ross (Parks is playing there just now but he's cack)
9 - Blair
1 - Kerr
2 - Lawson
3 - Douglas
4 - Kellock
5 - Murray
6 - White ©
7 - Hogg
8 - Taylor

16 - Hall
17 - Smith
18 - MacLeod
19 - Petrie
20 - Cusiter
21 - Parks
22 - Webster

Edinburgh Gunners

15 - Southwell
14 - Paterson ©
13 - Di Rollo
12 - Dewey
11 - Leonelli
10 - Godman
9 - Lawson
1 - Hewitt
2 - Hall
3 - Jacobson
4 - Kellock
5 - Murray
6 - Hogg
7 - Mutschin
8 - Taylor

Subs: Kelly, Smith, MacDonald, De Luca, Lawson, Hodge, Pyke

It's hard to name a Wallabies side considering all the injuries and new coach, but I guess at full strength it would look something like this.

1. Bill Young
2. Jeremy Paul
3. Al Baxter
4. Hugh McMeniman
5. Dan Vickerman
6. Rocky Elsom
7. Phil Waugh
8. George Smith
9. George Gregan ©
10. Steve Larkham
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Matt Giteau
13. Lote Tuqiri
14. Wendell Sailor
15. Chris Latham

It will look a lot different to that when the Test seasons rolls around but that's the side Eddie Jones would haved used in Europe if all were available.

He played outside centre for the Reds in 2003. It was his debut year and he went well, but his tackling isn't strong enough.

he has made huge strides since 2003...maybe he should be given a go at centre sometime this S14.

Looking good so far guys, let's keep it up! :D

More, more, more - that's how I like it!

England -

1. Sheridan
2. Thompson
3. Stevens
4. Borthwick
5. Grewcock
6. Worsley
7. Moody
8. Coory

9. Ellis
10. Hodgson

11. Cohen
12. Tindall
13. Noon
14. Cueto
15. Lewsey

16. White
17. Mears
18. Shaw
19. Dallaglio
20. Dawson
21. Goode
22. Voyce

All Blacks:

1 Woodcock
2 Mealamu/Oliver
3 Hayman
4 Jack
5 Williams
6 Collins
7 McCaw
8 So'oialo (I can never spell his name...)
9 Kelleher
10 Carter
11 Rokocoko
12 Mauger
13 Up for grabs. I'm saying Smith.
14 Howlett
15 Muliaina

16 Mealamu/Oliver
17 Afoa/Taumoepeau
18 Ryan
19 Lauaki
20 Weepu
21 McAlister
22 Gear

Because of depth there is no certain lineup.
Sivivatu, Nonu, Holah, Tuiali'i, Gibbes and more can also fill those spots.
Basically with Umaga retired, it is only Umaga that needs to be replaced for an up to date squad.

You could even have Muliaina in centre with say, Anesi or Howlett at fullback etc. New Zealand have a lot of room to do anything with,...

Is Rico Gear not starting material anymore then? I thought Howlett was more of a likely candidate for the bench than him.

Meh, both have been more finishers than anything else and are fairly even in my books. Like I say, theres a lot of option there. I just posted my personal team really. Actually no, I posted the most likely. McAlister will be ahead of Mauger for me.

Gear has been in great tryscoring form for the AB's endo of last year, buthe didn't do anything truly special. I've always preferred Howlett over him. It's all preference with the wings.

You could easily have Sivivatu ahead of Joe as well.

personally i think Rico is the best winger in NZ

As for the Aussie team that Wally posted you could swap Sharpe for McMeniman and Rathbone for Sailor

You can add these players to the squad:

David Fitter
Mat Rogers
Mark Gerrard
Morgan Turinui
Mark Chisolm
Brendan Cannon
Matt Henjak
David Lyons
Scott Fava
Chris Whitaker
Adam Freier
John Roe

Theres also a bunch of other players that could be used for the squad

As Wally mentioned the team is so hard to predict because half our team was injured last year and we have a new coach

But we are gonna be back to our best this year so Kiwis beware..........at full stength were top 2 in the world.

Have we any South Africans on here willing to post their squad? Still after plenty more. :)

If anyone wants them, I have the 'best' available squads, which hopefully translates into harder opposition, for the bigger international teams. I'll post them up if anyone is interested.

Ireland:

1. M.Horan
2. J.Flannery
3. J.Hayes
4. P.O'Connell
5. M.O'Kelly/D.O'Callaghan
6. S.Easterby
7. D.Wallace
8. A.Foley/D.Leamy

9. P.Stringer
10. R.O'Gara
11. T.Bowe/A.Trimble
12. G.D'Arcy
13. B.O'Driscoll
14. S.Horgan
15. G.Murphy

Originally posted by harrison2468@Feb 12 2006, 07:34 AM
If anyone wants them, I have the 'best' available squads, which hopefully translates into harder opposition, for the bigger international teams.  I'll post them up if anyone is interested.
Yes please mate :bravo:

BTW I played a World league match over the weekend against Cardiff and there was a player by the name of J. Lamo...who is this.... Jonah Lomu? What is the reason for this does anyone know. Is there others who had their names misspelled??

Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 13 2006, 01:47 PM
BTW I played a World league match over the weekend against Cardiff and there was a player by the name of J. Lamo...who is this.... Jonah Lomu? What is the reason for this does anyone know. Is there others who had their names misspelled??
I think it is a legal issue - maybe Swordfish still have the rights???

The French league teams have all their French players mispelt, but the ones in the national team aren't - confusing! It also means you can have two Jauzion's, Nyanga's, Pelous's in your team!

Latest posts