• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022/23 Round 16

Door is wide open for the play offs looks like. Ulster also breathing down our necks. I was hoping that the Bulls would do us a favor but thought it unlikely the form they are in.

Fair play to the Scarlets, that was a pretty stacked Sharks team. Fantastic win.
There were some real standout performances in that Scarlets performance vs quality opposition.

Sharks really couldn't handle Johnny Williams in midfield. He was fantastic and looks likely to force his way into the starting 15 for the WC.

Gareth Davies' impressive form continued. Another who must be close to a recall for the WC. He could be joined ny Costellow too who had a very rounded game, getting the ball outside the Sharks' out to in defense. For his size his defense is also very good.

Up front, Lousi continues to impress. What a pain he must be to play against! He's in the scrum halfs face all game around the rucks and he chases everything. His offloading really helps with the scarlets style of play too.

Shame Dan Davis was forced off early. He started the game with a bang and has been in superb form. Welsh rugby doesn't necessarly need another openside, but he's developing into another genuine option for the next WC cycle.

Unfortunately the Scarlets have left it too late this season to push for a playoff spot. Their terrible early season form with leaky defense was just not good enough. Shame, as they're looking very good now, although still have some work-ons, such as their scrum which was under preasure all game v Sharks.

Have to say I'm just recovering from last night. Worst we have played in Thomond Park for years but equally fair play Glasgow.

There were some real standout performances in that Scarlets performance vs quality opposition.

Sharks really couldn't handle Johnny Williams in midfield. He was fantastic and looks likely to force his way into the starting 15 for the WC.

Gareth Davies' impressive form continued. Another who must be close to a recall for the WC. He could be joined ny Costellow too who had a very rounded game, getting the ball outside the Sharks' out to in defense. For his size his defense is also very good.

Up front, Lousi continues to impress. What a pain he must be to play against! He's in the scrum halfs face all game around the rucks and he chases everything. His offloading really helps with the scarlets style of play too.

Shame Dan Davis was forced off early. He started the game with a bang and has been in superb form. Welsh rugby doesn't necessarly need another openside, but he's developing into another genuine option for the next WC cycle.

Unfortunately the Scarlets have left it too late this season to push for a playoff spot. Their terrible early season form with leaky defense was just not good enough. Shame, as they're looking very good now, although still have some work-ons, such as their scrum which was under preasure all game v Sharks.
Agree with all of this. A little shout out for Costello as well who seems very calm on these big games.

Significant that Johnny Williams has come back into the fray. I thought he was excellent and gives another options for whatever WC warm up game we have in the summer. I still don't think North and Tompkins is the answer and he 100% put his hand up last night. Big game against Glasgow next week for him now.

GD similarly, I love Tomos, but whilst the welsh pack is as it is and he got a bit frustrated in the 6N. I think a fit and inform GD gets a start with Tomos on the bench. Hardy looked OK when he came on so could also be fighting for a spot.

Latest posts