• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

US Xbox version my REVIEW better then I thought!!

L

lionmaul

FIRST IMPRESSIONS ON XBOX (subject to change with further play)
<

Many things I thought were bad are good. Like:
JUMPING:: for the highball is not perfect but much better then what I first read.
According to some reports it was useless, no way not on the x-box, you can jump up on a up and under and grab the dam ball.
<
Sure it takes some timing but its excellent win you pull it of. tip: look at the shadow. (DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN ON PS2???)

KICKING:: Is not perfect but it's pretty good I am enjoying it. I am getting grubbers and you can kick the ball while the ball is on ground aswell, it all takes practice, the ball does travel a descent distance aswell on punts it just takes time." Or maybe it's because I have been using Contepomi from Argentina.
<
Goal kicks are also well implemented. The main reason the kicking is fun is it is quick and you can get your kick off. There are many kicking techniques you can use to help you win game. Trust me it has made a big difference in Argentina's games.
<

Fends, Shoulder: and Sidesteps all work good, and it does make a big difference if you do not use them. It was reported that it does not make much of a difference in my opinion on X-Box it make a big difference. The key is practice timing and practice.

Maunual Dummies: It was reported that this did not make a difference, It sure as hell does on the X-box version. The AI does not fall for it all the time but neither does a real human player.

PLAYERS UNIQUENESS: THE STARS AND STRENGTHS OF PLAYERS DO SHOW!!!!!

All in all I love this new game, sure it can use alot of improvements but it is a very good start. I would write more but in just the short review I gave I am terribly excited to play so I have to go. If you have any questions about GAME PLAY go ahead and ask, when I take a break from playing I will try to answer, but please only questions about gameplay.
Cheers and one big Saluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To sum it up it IS BY FAR THE BEST UNION RUGBY GAME TO DATE. WHY??
"IT JUST FEELS LIKE RUGBY"

Great, I'm thinking of getting it on Xbox rather than PS2, what do you think of the passing? Though it may not be so intuitive, it must be that you get used to it quite quick? What are the button layouts on Xbox?

Oh FFS lionmaul!!
<
<

The graphics are ever-so-slightly tweaked for the Xbox version - but that's IT!

You woffle on in la la land like the game is a different entity altogether...

Of course the dummies ACTUALLY work...of course the kicking is ACTUALLY implementable...of course the side-steps , fends etc all ACTUALLY work....!!

People said the same waffle about 2004 (and some still do) not realising that a decent gamer with crack co-ordination and a accelerated learning curve could do all of these! Even on that piece of poo (Rugby 2004).

If you want to believe that the game is somehow actually different to the PS2 - you just keep on living in the clouds.
<

Oh...and the passing buttons are absolutely rooted!! Put whatever spin on it you want - you wait till the special moves that inevitable arise are impossible to pull of because of that layout.

Passing on the front!!!

Now that IS a difference.

Far out Los Lover, give the man a break, he is just posting his thoughts on the game.

What camera do you like to play? I got my version today and I just can't get used to any of them. I used to play on the classic view for 2004 where you could choose which end to view from and stay like that, I hate the camera spinning around from offence to defence, back on forth... other then that rather 'large' dislike, the game it really good.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 10 2005, 05:27 PM
Oh...and the passing buttons are absolutely rooted!! Put whatever spin on it you want - you wait till the special moves that inevitable arise are impossible to pull of because of that layout.

Passing on the front!!!

Los Lover, I've had a look through all your threads and replies and I've made an observation....you really can be a twat!! You add nothing to this forum but criticism, and continually put people down for their views. Why do you do this?

I'm not saying I add much to this forum either, but at least I try and treat my fellow forum goers with some respect. Unless of course someone has a go at me (wink wink!)

This may only be a forum, but people still deserve to be treated with some kind of dignity.

OK rant over
<

Los lover, Relax buddy, take a chill pill. I have both systems x-box and ps2. I don't favor any system. I can't give you a opinion on the ps2 version because I don't have that one. Maybe the ps2 is just as good or even better, but since I kept hearing the graphics were better and smoother I decided to go with the x-box version. Hell, I feel like even getting the ps2 version aswell so that I can personally compare the 2. I am just going of reports I have seen from the ps2 version: bad kicking, useless dummies, useless fends, shoulder charges, sidesteps and that you could play just as good without them. (Not so)
And the ball bouncing mechanics doesn't seem as bad as first reported either in "MOP". IT IS A RUGBY BALL, and I have seen a rugby ball take 90% bounce before, just not often.
<

Cheers and Salu

Good work Lion please keep some more things coming. I will still be waiting awhile before I get mine

Originally posted by TheBokke@Mar 10 2005, 11:59 PM
Good work Lion please keep some more things coming. I will still be waiting awhile before I get mine
Thanks, Check my post on tips I have some more info. If you have any questions about GAMEPLAY feel free to ask.

PS Thanks to your South Africa I am able to watch the Super Twelve matches in the US. If not I would only get one game a week.
<
There is some online South African website that I subcribe to that webcasts all the game. I love it.
<

and it is worth every penny. Oh, one penny means one cent.
<

Cheers and Salu!!!

Originally posted by jimmy44+Mar 10 2005, 09:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Mar 10 2005, 09:52 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Mar 10 2005, 05:27 PM

Passing on the front!!!

Los Lover, I've had a look through all your threads and replies and I've made an observation....you really can be a twat!! You add nothing to this forum but criticism, and continually put people down for their views. Why do you do this?

I'm not saying I add much to this forum either, but at least I try and treat my fellow forum goers with some respect. Unless of course someone has a go at me (wink wink!)

This may only be a forum, but people still deserve to be treated with some kind of dignity.

OK rant over
<
[/b]
You better shut up f***head....

Someone as f***ing selfish as you - blatantly talking up the tactic through other threads APART from the one you already ruined and was designated spoiler.

Shut your trap! f***ing hypocrit. Caps is your senior, even if I'm not, and he told you the same thing (though in his own inimitable way).

It's you who is a f***ing menace.

I sometimes come hard when I have a fair point...sure.....but I don't expect that to be questioned by some malignant **** like you. Have you had cause to report me? Cause I reported you for random posting of the tactic and I see nothing was done....very, VERY disappointing. That's directed at you moderators.

lionmaul, what is that website? I'm in the states and stuck with the one game a week that comes on at 2am tuesday mornings.

Xbox button lay-out for the game would be helpful. I have the PS2 version but own an xbox. Game is good, graphics are fair. I'm using side view as I think it's the best option. I voted for classic 2 in the poll. All the moves work great. It's just tough with the L2 as the change player. I played about five games but was getting killed each time. I finally put it on easy used England vs. Nambia (sp) and won 26-3. I alos keep getting a lot of hands in theruck penalties. That's how they scored...

Originally posted by spacemanspiff@Mar 11 2005, 06:02 AM
www.kuduclub.com

did u pay for all the super 12 matches or just the basic 9.95 one

im usin the 9.95 one,its pretty sweet
Yea thats it, but I ordered the super 12 package. $49.99 I like to watch the blues and the chiefs play.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 11 2005, 01:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 11 2005, 01:12 AM)</div>
Originally posted by jimmy44@Mar 10 2005, 09:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Mar 10 2005, 05:27 PM

Passing on the front!!!

OK rant over
<
You better shut up f***head....

Someone as f***ing selfish as you - blatantly talking up the tactic through other threads APART from the one you already ruined and was designated spoiler.

Shut your trap! f***ing hypocrit. Caps is your senior, even if I'm not, and he told you the same thing (though in his own inimitable way).

It's you who is a f***ing menace.

I sometimes come hard when I have a fair point...sure.....but I don't expect that to be questioned by some malignant **** like you. Have you had cause to report me? Cause I reported you for random posting of the tactic and I see nothing was done....very, VERY disappointing. That's directed at you moderators. [/b]
By responding like this you've just proved my point....

I wonder if you are in need of councilling or just suffering from a case of teenage sexual fustration?

P.s I recommend a course in anger management!
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 11 2005, 01:12 AM
Caps is your senior, even if I'm not, and he told you the same thing (though in his own inimitable way).
Whoa -- don't bring me into this. I'm just a dude on a forum (sure, a lot of the time, but only cause work can get boring
<
)

And as far as I'm concerned, once jimmy said he wasn't going to bring up the tactic outside the thread anymore -- it was done with.

Listen (and this is for anyone who wants to even bother reading this) I know first hand how easy it is to get ****** off at people on forums, and then finally you realize -- why bother?

There are a variety of ages/nationalities/cultures etc -- nothing will ever fall in place perfectly.

If ever I want to be quoted, let it be for this next gem I poop out regarding forum behavior:

"Grow some tough skin, express yourself, don't be a c***."

Now, I'd like to report myself for using the c-word, though it be a wonderful, magical word.

Wait a minute . . .
Since when did an American try and make peace between people?

We're all screwed now . . .
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 11 2005, 02:12 AM
RANDOM UNRELATED RANT INVOLVING THE F-WORD AT LEAST FOUR TIMES.
Man, you need to chill. Also the only seniors on this board are mods and Admins, we are all equal.

Dude, seriously, there's no need to go over the top like this.

Latest posts