• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

V8 SUPERCARS 3

A

ak47

Well just doing some research, and IGN have highly rated this game

Checked forums, and have seen GT, and FORZA fanboys say "Move over, this is the new king"

Its released today in australia apparantly

I am confused to what to do............I wanna play RUGBY2006, but i also wanna get some V8 action............Mt Panorama.

The pics of this game look dynamic aswell.....add that to 30 something championships, a crash engine, and surround sound v8 grunt........what more could a guy want??

****..........why do they do this..........no games for months, and now rugby06, v8's FNR3

For christs sake.......... :wall:

Comes out on the 28th soon.

In amoungst all of the Rugby06 hype, I completely forgot about this.

for all the car racing enthusiast here

V8 supercars has come lightyears

Its improved soo much...........i even reckon its better than GT.

Its like GT with damage now

The amount of contests.........REDICULOUS

1st things 1st..........u gotto turn all the aids off....steering, braking and traction

when u do this, it feels and plays like GT........or FORZA

i didnt get to play Rugby2006 last night, coz i was having too much serious racing

SERIOUS RACING.............for some of it............then u can go in these offroad tournaments............ATV OFFROAD IN V8 SUPERCARS................u dont need to buy any other car game....this has it all...........

GO KARTS
MONSTER TRUCKS
DUNE BUGGYS
SUPER TRUCKS

now these type of cars, add an extra dimension to this game........if the V8's and F1 or Indy cars are too serious..........load one of the above for some AWESOME offroad bouncing, sliding, clipping chaos...........its like Motocross meats destruction derby meats GT.

So far i'd give it atleast 8/10...............perhaps it will creep into the 9's with more play, as its just sooo damn deep.............massive...............

there's even a shop where u can boost ur cars with parts etc.......i havent been there yet.............

The AI is immense...............u touch them up with a love tap............and the next time u get close he'll do the same and 90% of the time if u dont clow down to correct, u will aquaplane off the tarmac into the grass, doing 360's, until u hit the grvel trap, and BOG.................UR STUCK, AND TAKE 20SECS TO GET BACK ON TRACK.

Great variety
Great Simulation...........on par with GT
Great Crashes......
Great game.........

Now the wait for xbox360 is going to be very easy!!!!........i wish this was on 360...it would and i reckon will leave PGR for dead........regardless of next gen factor..........V8 supercars will wipe PGR to dust.

Got to say I'm not a V8 fan at all but can't wait for this game.

How many cars are on the track in a race AK?
Does it have the V8 Brutes?

Originally posted by Serge@Feb 24 2006, 09:12 AM
Got to say I'm not a V8 fan at all but can't wait for this game.

How many cars are on the track in a race AK?
Does it have the V8 Brutes?
i think somehwere between 20-30 on the track at once

in 2 player its only 6 cars

dunno about online.....

not sure if it has the v8 brutes............dunno why it wouldnt.

it has truck racing, and if it has the offial v8 supercars liscense, wouldnt that also include the brutes???

this game isnt just for v8 fans

its a must buy for any racing game fanatic

it has all kinds of racing............offroad rally, karts, trucks, f1, v8, yank tanks, indycar, formula 1000, formula ford..........even classics cars and hotrod looking beasts.

here's a splurge from the OPSM magazine

V8 Supercars 3 sets a new benchmark for racing simulators; it looks stunning, it sounds stunning and it's uncompromisingly realistic. If it's white-knuckle, doorhandle-to-doorhandle action you're after - look no further. The level V8 Supercars 3 needed to reach to edge out the almighty Gran Turismo 4 is mind-boggling, but Codemasters has done it. This little ripper is the new king of the mountain - and that's fair dinkum.
Graphics 10/10 Really, really, ridiculously good-looking.
Sound 10/10 The roar of the V8s will wake your neighbours.
Gameplay 10/10 The most realistic racing ever.
Lifespan 9/10 Petrol-heads will never put it down.
Overall 10/10 The variety of racing on offer is
nothing short of amazing - no motorsport fan should be without it!
Official Australian PlayStation 2 Magazine

I'd give graphics a 9............but the rest i concur

yeah i played it all weekend...this game is the ****

i started off in Pro Career Mode, you have about 8 different classes to choose from ranging from Classics, GTs, Off Road to Open Wheel & Touring Cars.

I only went through Open Wheel but that was awesome enough- started off in Karts than progressed through to Fomula Ford, Formula 3000 & eventually F1...the handling, graphics, sound are the best ive seen in any racing game Ive played, you can actually feel the extra horsepower as you step up in classes...its a must buy!!!

still wanna check out Black though, i heard thats the shizzle

if anyone can get passed tier 18 in world tour

PLEASE POST IT HERE

Unless this game does things differently, (ie eases AI in world tour if u pass other modes) nobody, and i mean nobody can get passed tier 18 in world tour

Remember

Tier 17

if u get passed this level - I want to know how

:wall: :wall: :wall: :rahh: :%#%#: :ranting:

F***CKING CODEMASTERS

:rahh: :%#%#: :wall: :ranting:

You alrite?

I'm buying this tomorrow. Can you tell me exactly what your problem is?

And what's the World Tour/Pro Tour modes?

I know that Pro Tour mode is the standard Race Driver career mode with cutscenes and that annoying Scottish fellow.... But what's the other one?

Originally posted by kaftka@Mar 7 2006, 11:34 AM
You alrite?

I'm buying this tomorrow. Can you tell me exactly what your problem is?

And what's the World Tour/Pro Tour modes?

I know that Pro Tour mode is the standard Race Driver career mode with cutscenes and that annoying Scottish fellow.... But what's the other one?
no Kaffas

Thats the world tour - with the scottish dude

Pro Tour mode is where u select ur car disceplin and race in proper championships

World Tour u are thrown into various cars, and race in mini championships and move up the tiers, all the way to the top

but u cant get passed tier 17............there's 32 in all

nobody can...........unless i am doing something wrong, i cannot for the life of me beat the ai on tier 17

and would love to know who can

have even found some fellow victims on other sites..............its becoming a debacle :wall: :ranting:

Ah, got them muddled up there.

Yeah, I started a World tour. It seemed exactly the same as Race Driver 2 at first...

That's when the game crashed. ****** me off. Oh well, big day tomorrow. First I'm going to buy some CD's, then I'm going to buy Race Driver 3, the I'm off to play on the Xbox 360 on a high definition TV!!

....I might get McDonalds on the way home as well...

Latest posts