• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Vainikolo?

L

leigh06

I've read about Lesley Vainikolo and that he can possibly play for several different countries, England being one of them. Is this true and does anyone know whether this would be likely?

There have been bookmakers saying he could play by the 6N?

I shopuldn't be too supprised if during the 6 Nations, the 2 England wingers are Vinarolacola and Chris Ashton.

The league boys will be so proud!

I shopuldn't be too supprised if during the 6 Nations, the 2 England wingers are Vinarolacola and Chris Ashton.

The league boys will be so proud! [/b]

Well you were Right on One Aspect... A True Visionary!

The league boys will be so proud! [/b]

We are, pity you have to poach our players though :bleh!:

Jeff

Well, they must be moving across for a reason... A superior game perhaps?? :bleh!:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Any northern "yawnion" hater)</div>
No, itz coz joo yawnions are spendings all teh monnni![/b]

Yawn.

Well, they must be moving across for a reason... A superior game perhaps?? :bleh!:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Any northern "yawnion" hater)
No, itz coz joo yawnions are spendings all teh monnni![/b]

Yawn.

[/b][/quote]

You are joking aren't you!! :p , seriously my arse a superior game :bleh!:

Jeff

more chance for international glory??
[/b]

Perhaps... although I'm not sure how much 'international glory' is likely to come his way or for how long. Very telling though that he's had more media coverage since his move to Union than in all the time he's been here.
He's a fantastic player and he was a fantastic player and great ambassador for Bradford & Rugby League and I just hope that the likes of Stephen (******) Jones, Assclown (Inverdale) and Mr Smug c*** of the Century (Guscott) don't try their usual trick of whitewashing history when it comes to a former League player making a successful transition to Union.
I wish him the best of luck in his new career and if he pulls on the England shirt I will be cheering him on like the rest of the England fans.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Perhaps... although I'm not sure how much 'international glory' is likely to come his way or for how long. Very telling though that he's had more media coverage since his move to Union than in all the time he's been here.
He's a fantastic player and he was a fantastic player and great ambassador for Bradford & Rugby League and I just hope that the likes of Stephen (******) Jones, Assclown (Inverdale) and Mr Smug c*** of the Century (Guscott) don't try their usual trick of whitewashing history when it comes to a former League player making a successful transition to Union.
I wish him the best of luck in his new career and if he pulls on the England shirt I will be cheering him on like the rest of the England fans.

[/b][/quote]

I think it's the chance for glory. It's not guaranteed, but the Union international scene is more competitive with more teams than in League. Plus it draws more in terms of fame and fortune.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I think it's the chance for glory. It's not guaranteed, but the Union international scene is more competitive with more teams than in League. Plus it draws more in terms of fame and fortune.
[/b][/quote]

Oh, I agree with you there. Like I said... I wish him (and his knees ;) ) well. He's well capable of scattering defenders even at international level although sadly he always seemed to be unavailable due to injuries for the Kiwis.

Personally I think Vainokolo should play for Tonga, England has plenty of Pro players, Tonga doesn't. England should concentrate on build a game plan that doesn't revolve one player: John Wilko. Playing a slow forwards game is boring and uneventful. The 6N England vs Wales game showed England that they must play for 80mins and not rely on pens and the boot of Johnny W.

Personally I think Vainokolo should play for Tonga, England has plenty of Pro players, Tonga doesn't. [/b]

Same could have been said for Lomu and New Zealand...

<div class='quotemain'> Personally I think Vainokolo should play for Tonga, England has plenty of Pro players, Tonga doesn't. [/b]

Same could have been said for Lomu and New Zealand...
[/b][/quote]
Lomu was born and trained in New Zealand, Vainokolo was born in Tonga and trained in NZ and Australia before eventually moving to the UK....I don't see the parallel?

Vanikolo shouldn't be in the England squad because he isn't up to it yet - plain and simple. It's another Farrel situation...

Vanikolo shouldn't be in the England squad because he isn't up to it yet - plain and simple. It's another Farrel situation... [/b]

I disagree. The similarities between a Union and League winger are huge. Union wingers need to be able to kick better, but I'm sure if Vainikolo learns the right place to put his foot through the ball it will go a fair distance.

Farrell, on the other hand, was played in a position where knowledge of Union's subtleties and nuances is vital. That's why he was found out having been thrown into international rugby well before he was ready for it.