• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Varsity Cup 2016: 5, 7, and 9 point tries

Yes. Invent this and plus all those bonus rules in the different competitions, you'll need an handout and a calculator to watch a game and see its impact :rolleyes:

This is stupid , you don't fix something that is not broken the scoring system is fine

I'm sure the Varsity rugby fans are just wanting a normal game of rugby without all the experimentation year in and year out.

I'm sure the Varsity rugby fans are just wanting a normal game of rugby without all the experimentation year in and year out.

Me, as a traditionalist, hate all these experiments. But I can understand why some would love the ideas they are trying, and seeing on whether it will work or not.

many Afrikaans-speaking newcomers to rugby always ask why call a try in Afrikaans a "Drie", which is translated to english as "Three". And we explain that that is what the points were originally for scoring a try, and then it changed to 5 later on, and we didn't see the need to change it.

So the same applies depending on from which part of the field you score an intercept try?

Last edited: