Very few kiwi posters anymore?

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Jabby, Jun 15, 2020.

1. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

I honestly thought that fracas wasn't as bad as when myself and other SA members had a rather heated debate about Bryce Lawrence (remember him). I know us saffas have a tendency to blame the referee, but in all honesty, sometimes our claims are validated. I take no joy in the fact that the outcry by the SA public caused Bryce to never officiate another international test again, even though he's still an active member of the referees board. And I don't think it was the intention of most of the SA public to have him never officiate again, a leave of absence and an apology would have sufficed. Like Mr. Poite, sure we hate him when he officiates our games, but he has improved dramatically as a referee, and I bare him no ill will when he takes charge.

I will come on this forum to vent, rage and whatever. Sometimes for the sake of my own sanity. And other times to see if others agree with me or not. The way others take my remarks, sometimes warrants a disagreement from me, as that's just my nature. and other times, it's merely to keep the conversation going.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. OneBlackEye

OneBlackEye Academy Player

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Waikato

Kiwi lurker here.

I watch most rugby download after the fact and don't feel like I have much to contribute, so I don't! I do enjoy reading the forums though, i live in rugby isolation so miss the banter.

I do find it a bit northern hemispherey here though. The All Blacks V any 6 nations threads are almost unreadable sometimes. SC most definitely went way over the top but I actually agree with his general sentiment. I don't think it's a conspiracy obviously. It's more a case that this place is like watching rugby in a pub in the country you're playing against!

I don't know if it's against the rules to share this but if you're looking for more online rugby chat the rugbyunion subreddit on reddit is pretty good. Too many memes but the downvote option gets rid of lots of the garbage.

4. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

I get what you're saying about it being too NH on here, but that's mostly because there are more NH posters on here than SH. But in all honesty, most NH posters here have a lot more rugby knowledge and tends to more objective towards the SH sides, than us towards them.

The match threads will always be an area of contention, that's just part of the territory, no matter if it's against SH or NH teams. More NH posters means that they will generally overcrowd those threads, because there are more of them with the same point of view and would rather talk about certain things that happened in the match that got their attention.

5. OneBlackEye

OneBlackEye Academy Player

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Waikato

Yeah I realise that, it was kinda my point when saying it's like watching a game in a pub in the country you're playing against. Which I've done and had a blast, I just wouldn't want to do it all the time!

6. Jabby

Jabby First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Otago

that might be it, isolation has probably made me look at the forum more, try and connect a bit. obviously there hasn't been a lot of rugby and so the forum will have been a bit quiet

i have gone back and there are a few kiwis that have dropped off the forum in the last few years and i guess when ive come on looking for some chat its been more obvious they're gone

Larksea, Mr Fish, The Jones Boy, Icemn, nickdnz, austingtir, donmcdazzle, Shaggy, SC, William18 et al, and those are just the ones with over 1K posts

7. mania

mania First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Samoa

wish he told us which forum he went too

• Like Like x 1
  8. Woldog

Woldog First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Reds

There don't seem to be many posters in general. Back in 2008 this place was poppin

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jabby

Jabby First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Otago

forgot @Darwin and @Amobokoboko

10. Woldog

Woldog First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Reds

11. Jabby

Jabby First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Otago

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  12. Woldog

Woldog First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Reds

Googled smartcooky with "forum" "rugby" behind them. He frequents 2 or 3 forums. He got laughed out of Green and Gold Rugby. (Probably the wrong place to be a know it all New Zealander tbh) The other places he posts a fair bit is Rugbyrefs forum. I imagine the forum he really went to was just a facebook group or given his age a yahoo group.

• Like Like x 2
  13. RugbyUSA

RugbyUSA First XV

Country Flag:

United States

Club or Nation:

Brumbies

There's a handful of American posters on this board, including myself. And were doing our best to stay in the mix. USA Men's 7s has done very well, but there's not a lot of 7's talk on this board. It's mostly 15s, and our Men's 15s has been less than exciting. I feel most at home talking about Trump in the Political forum. Not too many people outside of the USA like him. I don't think many people in America really like him either. Some pretend to so they don't have to admit that they backed a nut job.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Woldog

Woldog First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Reds

Looking at SC's facebook though I can assure everyone he is still alive and well. (I'm not friends with him, he's just not hard to track down).

15. bertiec

bertiec Academy Player

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Leicester

Some pretend to so they don't have to admit that they backed a nut job.
    :):):)
    yeah, I think it was a knee jerk reaction to politics in general that.
    But back on to topic, SC was fun to wind up spent hours winding him up about forward pass. it was on the site he used to run (forgot the name now) but to tell the truth not been on much due to covid. I hope things pick up when the ball moves about a bit more.

16. The_Blindside

The_Blindside International

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

British Irish Lions

that is hilarious.:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Derpus

Derpus Bench Player

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Waratahs

Kiwis also have the Silver Fern and Aussies have GAGR - which are both frequented more regularly and by more posters than this forum.

I actually like the NH component. The only reason i come here.

18. Derpus

Derpus Bench Player

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Waratahs

Some of the most regular and popular posters on GAGR are kiwis.

19. unrated

unrated First XV

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Sharks

It's weird you say this, even the dedicated Sharks world forum has a huge number more posters than this forum. Odd how how these very specific forums has such a large user base compared to a multifunctional site

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  20. Derpus

Derpus Bench Player

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Waratahs

I guess rugby is still essentially a club game.

21. Derpus

Derpus Bench Player

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Waratahs

That's because you have blokes like Egon Seconds running around. I think i recall seeing him actually enter a ruck?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!
-->