TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
I thought we had a gadgets thread, but I went 10 pages back and saw nothing sooooo......

What's everyone's thoughts/experiences on the VR tech that's coming out these days?

I picked up a google cardboard last year and loved it - only a couple of quid, and if you've got an android phone I highly recommend, if only as a novelty.
I don't have a PC capable of running an oculus or HTC Vive so had put VR to the back of my thoughts until I picked up a Samsung Gear VR today.

I really really can't get enough of it, it's just crazy. We really are living in the future.
It's only a step up from Cardboard towards the proper VR tech so I can't imagine what it's like using a Vive/Oculus.

I'm really considering picking a Playstation VR headset when they release (and the whole pre-order/not enough made shenanigans dies down).

Very much a developing technology. I thought the Oculus Rift was OK from what I saw but the HTC Vine seems to be taking it to a new level. I do wonder how people who wear glasses, like me, will get on with it (3D Glasses and normal specs at the same time gave me migranes).

Olyy your only interested in VR for one thing....

You perv.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aulola-Card...d=1460752925&sr=8-9&keywords=google+cardboard
£4.30, it'll change your life ;)

Very much a developing technology. I thought the Oculus Rift was OK from what I saw but the HTC Vine seems to be taking it to a new level. I do wonder how people who wear glasses, like me, will get on with it (3D Glasses and normal specs at the same time gave me migranes).

I've heard that it's actually OK.
I know that with the Gear, when I was looking up the difference between the two types, it mentioned one was specifically made with more room for glasses.
I'm sure I've heard that the Rift has enough room for glasses, as well.

I've heard that it's actually OK.
I know that with the Gear, when I was looking up the difference between the two types, it mentioned one was specifically made with more room for glasses.
I'm sure I've heard that the Rift has enough room for glasses, as well.

Its not the room I'm worried about its the upclose nature of effective looking through/into 2 pairs of lenses. Carphone Warehouse has a HTC on demo, must remember to try it and see next time I'm near.