visiting New Zealand and austalia in end october and november

gijsbb

Academy Player
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
New Zealand
Hi there,
I’m living in the Netherlands and am going on a holiday to New Zealand and Australia date will be leaving around 20th of October for a month till 20th of November.
I’m new to rugby but love it, therefor i really want to see a big match unfortunately I believe I’ll be visiting during off season.

Are there any matches being played during my stay? Could you help me out?

I’m equally interested in union as in a good league match
This will probably be the only time i will be visting in my life so really need some help

kind regards Gijs

You might be able to go and see New Zealand's domestic competition final for Rugby Union. We have the ITM Championship final and the ITM Premiership final happening on the 23rd and 24th of October respectively. They are different tiers of rugby though, so you might wanna keep an eye on which one you buy tickets for. You should just be able to walk up for tickets, we don't really get a sold out stadium for a final at that level. Unless it's held in a smaller region. http://files.allblacks.com/comms/2015-itmc/ITMC-2015-DRAW-020415.pdf

Also Rugby World Cup Semi Finals would be on around this time - assuming the All Blacks make it this far you should be able to easily find a fan zone. Especially if you're in one of the main cities, i.e: Wellington, Christchurch, Auckland and to a lesser extent - Dunedin or Hamilton. There should be a lot of excitement and buzz around that, they're quite fun.

Last edited:
You might be able to go and see New Zealand's domestic competition final for Rugby Union. We have the ITM Championship final and the ITM Premiership final happening on the 23rd and 24th of October respectively. They are different tiers of rugby though, so you might wanna keep an eye on which one you buy tickets for. You should just be able to walk up for tickets, we don't really get a sold out stadium for a final at that level. Unless it's held in a smaller region. http://files.allblacks.com/comms/2015-itmc/ITMC-2015-DRAW-020415.pdf

Also Rugby World Cup Semi Finals would be on around this time - assuming the All Blacks make it this far you should be able to easily find a fan zone. Especially if you're in one of the main cities, i.e: Wellington, Christchurch, Auckland and to a lesser extent - Dunedin or Hamilton. There should be a lot of excitement and buzz around that, they're quite fun.

thanks for the first tip!
on the second tip, aren't the semi finals being played in london accoording to this site:
http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/fixtures

Yup but they'll have the fan zones regardless. Usually in the city center on a big screen with some different entertainment areas, a big screen, large audience, food stalls. I'm sure there will be something like that set up in our bigger cities.

I get it in a fan zone, was already planning something like that. But I would love to feel the tension in a station
so when will it be announced where the finals for the ITM championship and the premiership will be held?

probably 17th of october right?

Latest posts