• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Australia

Is Czekaj Welsh born? Also way to potentially ruin the spectacle by leaving the roof open.

Well they have left the roof open because they want to get used to playing in stadium conditions that don't have roofs, as none of the stadiums for the world cup have them ... the Hong Kong stadium didn't have a roof, the playing surface was dodgy, did it stop the game from being entertaining or a spectacle?

Is Czekaj Welsh born? Also way to potentially ruin the spectacle by leaving the roof open.
He is, but he's got a Polish grandfather or great-grandfather (somewhere down his Dads line) which is where his surname is from (like how Mark Cueto has an Italian great-grandfather, so has the fruity ( :p ) surname, but is as Northern as a....very northern person)

Well they have left the roof open because they want to get used to playing in stadium conditions that don't have roofs, as none of the stadiums for the world cup have them ... the Hong Kong stadium didn't have a roof, the playing surface was dodgy, did it stop the game from being entertaining or a spectacle?

Haha yeah... that's why...

To be fair, if this match was being played at Twickers or the Aviva, would people be saying "They really should put a roof on this stadium!"
Teams should just take it that the roof will be open (like most other stadiums in the world) and that if it's closed it's an added bonus

The difference is this stadium does have a roof and was made with one for a purpose you would think. Don't kid yourself, the roof is option to try and gain an edge. It's a home game so they have a right to do so. I just think the encouragement of negative tactics is not good for the game.

A mental edge just as much as it is a physical one I think... I'm not sure if I read an article on here or in the newspaper about it.

Fair try to Oz -

7 - 3.

Is it against the law in Wales to roll away or something? <_<

so far gethin has been good in the rucks stealing the ball in the 22, and the scrum right now has been bad for the aussies. just hope wales can get a try on the board soon.. i can see this one being a close one.

Am I the only one disturbed by the name "Mark Jism" haha.

Oz aint doing well in the scrum to be honest.. but their backline is playing very well.. 19-9 right now.

9 - 22 to Aus, Shanklin in the bin but Wales are camped via scrum on the Aussie line with a penalty try likely to follow. Could be an interesting last ten minutes.

Well, not a penalty try but Richie Rees finds a hole.

Is it just me or are these Welsh commentators overcompensating with their bagging of Australian forwards because their boys don't know how to pass and run with the ball?

No, your forwards are just that ****.

Game over now anyway: Stephen Jones' missed penalties taking their toll but Australia should have won by more anyway. gg

16-25 was a good end.. as said SJ missed kicks could've changed it in the start if they went in 1/2 time leading but Aus backs were good today

No, your forwards are just that ****.

Game over now anyway: Stephen Jones' missed penalties taking their toll but Australia should have won by more anyway. gg

Yeah... just sounded more to me like "we can't score tries, but we're doing so well in the forwards and some how that doesn't change the fact that we're losers! IT'S NOT FAIR!"

Sorry, but that's just how it sounded down here. It's all very well to dominate an area of the game, but if you can't score point from it then you kinda suck..

Is it just me or are these Welsh commentators overcompensating with their bagging of Australian forwards because their boys don't know how to pass and run with the ball?
Yeap the commentators were arses. Jonathan Davis is a baised, Welsh bugger. Completely taking the **** out of the Australian forwards. I swore so much at them while watching the match. One question for them 'If the Australia forwards are so rubbish, how come did Wales not win? Thought every rugby game was won in the forwards but the backs decide by how many?'

Latest posts