• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wanted Competitions

That would be a sound theorey if all the S14 franchises were elite, but only the Crusaders are regularly any good. The Hurricanes, Blues and Chiefs fluctuate between okay and crap while the Highlanders are always crap.

That would be a sound theorey if all the S14 franchises were elite, but only the Crusaders are regularly any good. The Hurricanes, Blues and Chiefs fluctuate between okay and crap while the Highlanders are always crap.

But that's relative to their competition - other countries where talent isn't spread out widely.

We have to assume that teams with large player pools (or arguably greater talent) will be better than teams with small player pools, no?

It depends on the quality of the players If you have a core 23 who remain injury-free, if they're good enough the occasional interchange will mean they'll do well if the player quality is there to begin with.

On the reverse side of the coin, the 2005 Lions had a pool of something stupid like 70 players, yet they were one of the (if not the) worst Lions teams ever.

It depends on the quality of the players If you have a core 23 who remain injury-free, if they're good enough the occasional interchange will mean they'll do well if the player quality is there to begin with.

On the reverse side of the coin, the 2005 Lions had a pool of something stupid like 70 players, yet they were one of the (if not the) worst Lions teams ever.

I think the Lions' biggest problem is that their players don't really have time to gel together, so the combinations don't function like International ones do.

Of course we could merely say that the player pool is filled with awful players... :p

I would love to see Barbarian FC as an unlockable team. Once unlocked you can manage (i.e. choose the players you want in your selection) and play as the Barbarians!

I would love to see Barbarian FC as an unlockable team. Once unlocked you can manage (i.e. choose the players you want in your selection) and play as the Barbarians!

This was what happened in Rugby 06. Once you filled the trophy room you could edit the representative teams - Barbarians, NZ Maori, Pacific Islands, Australia A and the B&I Lions.
This should remain in Rugby 2012

The Pacific Nations Cup has been neglected for far too long! lol

I reckon that they should but in a 7's component to the game. I reckon that'll be pretty awesome.

I reckon to save money, they should just make a very in-depth create-a-tournament feature, where you can choose how many teams, how many groups, teams in groups, knockout rounds, play-off rounds and all that jazz, and allow up to 30 teams.

They could just put the 3 top international tournaments in, and let us do the rest.

As for the ITM being in it.. in a ideal world yes i'd love it there the more teams the merrier.. however this is likely a game short of funds for development.. licences cost alot.. so they will likely have the main ones people know from NH and SH.. so Magners, Aviva Prem, Top 14, Heiniken for north.. then Super 15 for south yeah its loaded for north but still not much you can do.. internationally there will likely be 6 Nations, 4 Nations, World cup possibly even their made up 10 nations again.

Last edited:
Would like to see down-loadable (optional) add-ons for each country such as:

NZ Secondary Schools
NZ Heartland XV
NZ Divisional XV
NZ Maori (with an option to perform alternative hakas)
Lahore Cup
Meads Cup

Last edited:
CLUB
Magners League
Aviva Premiership
Top 14
Heineken Cup
Challenge Cup
Super XV

INTERNATIONAL
World Cup 2012
Six Nations
Tri (Four ?) Nations
B&I Lions Tour

Unfortunatly it seems that rugby 2012 will not be avaiable for PC, because the most important will be the ability to create our own competitions, our own teams, without restrictions ...

i reckon to save money, they should just make a very in-depth create-a-tournament feature, where you can choose how many teams, how many groups, teams in groups, knockout rounds, play-off rounds and all that jazz, and allow up to 30 teams.

They could just put the 3 top international tournaments in, and let us do the rest.

100% ok!

That is a lot of competitions and some are not relevant.As someone else has stated getting relegated and promoted from lower leagues would be awsome.Also a pro mode where you design and play one player would be quality

Latest posts