TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_48881183_welsh_premier_226.jpg

The Principality Premiership championship play-off system has been streamlined from an eight to three-team battle for the coming season.

The second and third-placed sides will face each other with the winner taking on the regular season's top team.

The top five sides automatically gain places in the British and Irish Cup and the sixth-placed team will be settled by a sixth-to-eighth play-off.

North Wales side RGC 1404 can reach the Premiership in end-of-season play-offs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/8947235.stm

That does seem like a far smarter system. These 8-team playoffs are ridiculous. Seriously, imagine coming 8th and winning the league? A joke, I say!

Anyway that seems fine as I said, although I reckon the 6-8th place playoff is a bit superflous.

That's a better system than the one in place in the Magners/Premiership, actually. And certainly better than the 8-team playoffs. That was stupid.

8-team play off was stupid, I still don't get what they are on about with the North Wales franchise tho.

With RGC, the club is trying to become the region for north wales as players up here are overlooked tbh by the regions.. currently their U16 and U18 teams compete with the regional youth teams.. As said they are working towards becoming the new region and going into the magners iirc, but first want to go into the premiership to establish themselfs and build the blocks for the future to become the new region.

The play-offs are fine as a separate-cup competition, but it's utter bullshit in every league that the team who finishes top (airgo, the best team of the season) it's crowed champions for the year.

The play-offs are fine as a separate-cup competition, but it's utter bullshit in every league that the team who finishes top (airgo, the best team of the season) it's crowed champions for the year.

Agree. And have done ever since the play-offs were introduced.

Latest posts