• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What are the Squad Names for each country?

The tri-nation teams and the US love their nicknames...the rest of the world couldn't give a ****. Oh and Argentina.

The tri-nation teams and the US love their nicknames...the rest of the world couldn't give a ****. Oh and Argentina.

Uruguay and Romania I know use theirs quite a bit, Russians like to bring out the bear mascots sometimes to.

Chile are Los Condores and Uruguay are Los Teros (both are types of birds), and use them heavily. The problem is one of them seldom appears internationally and the other one not at all.

Chile are Los Condores and Uruguay are Los Teros (both are types of birds), and use them heavily. The problem is one of them seldom appears internationally and the other one not at all.

I know Chile's match with Tonga last fall was one of the very few times I have seen them play anyone outside of South America, Uruguay used to play Canada regulalrly but our only recent match was at the 2010 Churchill Cup, hopefully they can get back into the tour schedule of other sides.

I know Chile's match with Tonga last fall was one of the very few times I have seen them play anyone outside of South America, Uruguay used to play Canada regulalrly but our only recent match was at the 2010 Churchill Cup, hopefully they can get back into the tour schedule of other sides.

I went to see Chile against Fiji in Santiago in 2003. Caucau scored 4 tries in his second test. Since that game, they have played against Portugal and Georgia in 2004 (away), and both again in 2005 (home), Spain in 2007 and Tonga this year. Only won against Georgia in Santiago. All the rest have been against teams from SA. I also went to see Chile against Canada on 2002. The number 8 had an awesome moustache and Jamie Cudmore was sin-binned, his first yellow card playing for Canada...

Last edited:
New Zealand A are actually called the Junior All Blacks. A player that has played for the NZ Maori lay still be eligible to play for another union, whereas the junior AB (who are not age based) are like the Saxons and the like.

How the hell did I manage to screw that one up?

It's thanks to some journalist that Argentina are called the Pumas wanted a nickname looked at their crest and said puma whwn it's actually a jaguar.

Latest posts