• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

No, I meant the word "Robotics," as in the science of robots. The word robot was definitely floating around before Asimov.

Currently reading the latest Preston & Child book based in the Special Agent Aloysius Pendergast series - Blue Labyrinth. It's pretty good so far (only about 1/4 of the book left to read), but more of a mystery than a horror/thriller like the earlier Pendergast books (Relic, Reliquary, Cabinet of Curiosities, Still Life With Crows - all being my favorites in the series). Regardless, it is a real page-turner, and that's what really matters to me - I am enjoying it immensely! :)

das

Currently reading the latest Preston & Child book based in the Special Agent Aloysius Pendergast series - Blue Labyrinth. It's pretty good so far (only about 1/4 of the book left to read), but more of a mystery than a horror/thriller like the earlier Pendergast books (Relic, Reliquary, Cabinet of Curiosities, Still Life With Crows - all being my favorites in the series). Regardless, it is a real page-turner, and that's what really matters to me - I am enjoying it immensely! :)

das

Is it worth buying? Have read all the Bourne books now and love those type of thriller books. Anyone got any recommendation?

Reading Friday Night Lights courtesy of the Big Ginger himself. Christ what a book. Depressing in a lot of ways, but mane it's a good read.

Reading Friday Night Lights courtesy of the Big Ginger himself. Christ what a book. Depressing in a lot of ways, but mane it's a good read.

Great read. Puts the movie to shame and the movie is good. Love the way the writer dedicated his year to it.

Great read. Puts the movie to shame and the movie is good. Love the way the writer dedicated his year to it.
Haven't seen that myself actually. Really enjoyed the TV series though. A bit stretched out maybe toward the end, but still one of my favourite shows.
The book really catches how insane the profile High School Football has in America and the ridiculous expectations and hero worship these kids get.

Haven't seen that myself actually. Really enjoyed the TV series though. A bit stretched out maybe toward the end, but still one of my favourite shows.
The book really catches how insane the profile High School Football has in America and the ridiculous expectations and hero worship these kids get.

Yea there is a great doc on YouTube about the running back kid 5 years on its very good too

I just finished "Root for the villain: Rap, Bull*****t and a celebration of failure" by J-Zone.

Amazingly good, funny, sad and brutally honest.

Finished the Wheel of Time series the other week. It's some investment of time but unlike anything I've ever read before.

I bought the following books

In Black and White: The Jake White Story [Jake White, Craig Ray]
Politically Incorrect - Peter de Villiers
Mitch: The Real Story - John Mitchell
The Poisoned Chalice - Gavin Rich

Cannot wait to read them.

Busy rereading Eddings' books (except that latest series which was a giant mistake of him)

Recently finished the Elenium, busy with the Tamuli and will go over to Belgariad and Mallorean afterwards.

Popcorn reading and not high fantasy at all, yet highly enjoyable with fun characters and great dialogue. Anyone else a fan?

After that I'm looking at rereading Robin Hobb's books. Now that is depressing, people say George RR Martin is bad because he kills your favourite characters. You wish death upon your favourite character in Hobb's books, she is brutal to them.

Can anyone suggest anything in line with this, I need something new.

I've read Gemmell's books, Feist's books (considering another re-read there), Tolkien (not the biggest fan), Pratchett (massive fan)

Because reading one epic fantasy series is for cowards, I've been alternating between Malazan and ASOIAF the last few months:
Gardens of the Moon (Malazan 1)
Deadhouse Gates (Malazan 2)
Game of Thrones (ASOIAF 1)
Memories of Ice (Malazan 3)
Next: A Clash of Kings (ASOIAF 2)

Only another 10 books to go, plus another 10 tie-in works for Malazan lol.

Also, The Left Hand of Darkness. Ursula Le Guin is a fantastic author, although I still prefer her Earthsea series.

Just finished the last in a trio of Iain Banks' Culture novels, The Player of Games.

Really, really epic sci fi novels that I've massively enjoyed, despite not normally reading sci fi.

Takes a while to get used to people being called Xylmd Nthsaldor mind...

I am a web developer review journal sharing of information related to new activities, product launches, more info. I support you. Do not judge others.

Latest posts