What book are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by RC, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Old Hooker

Old Hooker Senior Member

Country Flag:

England

+1. Exactly my experience. And your house doesn't get cluttered up with books you’ll never read again and your holiday luggage doesn't get weighed down by a load of paperbacks etc. The only downside to mine is the position of the on / off button at the bottom meaning I accidentally switch it off from time to time. Not the greatest hardship granted, but a small design flaw.

Just finished Jon Sopel’s If Only They Didn’t Speak English. Excellent read from the Beeb’s man in Washington during the Trump election.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. big ginger 8

big ginger 8 Senior Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Nearly finished the second book (Before they are hanged) of Joe Abercrombie's 'First Law' trilogy. Very good 'grimdark' fantasy, although I don't think it's so much dark as more realistic in terms of outcomes in a fantastical setting. As everyone says characterisation is Abercrombie's strongest attribute. Everyone has an arc and a number of them are up there as the most enjoyable pov's to go along with. Sand dan Glotka is fantastic and shows that even if he seems very similar to Tyrion Lannister in how he is viewed by others and what is happening to him in this books has similarities to Tyrion's time in Kings Landing, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!