• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

R

RC

Always like to change the topics around after 500 posts.
So, a new book topic is due.

Read away!

James Redfield - The Celestine Prophecy

51uk7IFE3KL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Just finished " The Amazing Maurice" by Terry Pratchet. It's one of the Discworld novel and, as you'd expect, is failry entertaining throughout.

I've moved on to "Flashman On the Match" in which our anti-hero is forced to go trekking through Abyssinia to save some hostages or something. Looking forward to it.

9782070360024_large.jpg

Read a shortish French novel called L'Étranger over the past two days.

It was alright, but very claustrophobic and draining.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 6 2010, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ Jan 6 2010, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 6 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cyRil, you are the gayest straight man in the world.[/b]
not to mention the "gherkin" incident... :lol:
[/b][/quote]
I weren't there man, I weren't there!!
[/b][/quote]
hahaha...I'm not sure your girlfriend will be happy about this... B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ Jan 6 2010, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 6 2010, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ Jan 6 2010, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 6 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cyRil, you are the gayest straight man in the world.[/b]
not to mention the "gherkin" incident... :lol:
[/b][/quote]
I weren't there man, I weren't there!!
[/b][/quote]
hahaha...I'm not sure your girlfriend will be happy about this... B)
[/b][/quote]
She's gone back to Paris so SHE NEVER NEEDS TO KNOWWWW!!!!!

Back on topic...
I bought the Assassins Creed II novel last week because it was only £3 in tesco. Read two chapters and it's on my shelf now. The author is terrible. He writes well for a while, using language from the time etc. then will just slip in modern slang like "We have to return home, or father will bollock us".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 7 2010, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
9782070360024_large.jpg

Read a shortish French novel called L'Étranger over the past two days.

It was alright, but very claustrophobic and draining.[/b]
Read that in French class years ago. It inspired Killing An Arab. All I can remember is the scene where he perves over a secretary's breasts at the swimming pool.

Dallaglio's It's In The Blood. Good read, well written - although he doesn't really pass on the drama of the big matches. He was on the 2005 Lions tour (didn't play the tests because of injury) and implies that the boys wimped out by not sending Umaga to touch on a stretcher after the BODicide. Gives the impression that Jonny is a bit of weirdo.

Lol comes from a family that didn't have much, but with parents who sacrificed everything for the children. Very sad story about his sister's death.

What did you think of it, shtove?

I can't get my head around the book at all. It's an easy read, but Mr. Meursault is very strange...

Though you say you only remember that one bit. Nevermind then.

Latest posts