• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What is the best type of ball

I've been told I have two nice ones. Unfortunately they're being stored in a ball sack at the moment.

Gilbert works for me- I remember the old leather Adidas we used wen I was in primary school, couldn`t handle it in the wet. Much better today.

I'd go for any made by Gilbert n'all. The easiest to pass and catch by a long margin.

Avoid andything made by Puma and Webb-Ellis however, both are god-awful brands.

Man, when I was playing in Taiwan.. they had this SICK(in a bad sick way..) rugby ball.. its CRAP!!! ARGH!!
Gilbert all da way...

Gilbert all the way, so nice and soft, with excellent grip

stay way from CCC balls they are hard as a rock and killed my foot!!

On a more serious note than my last post, I was given a Summit Ball for Christmas. I like it. We play with them at my club and are used in our top flight here in jolly ole Yankeeland.

gilbert tend to be good allround, but playing the at 16's and 18's nationals swayed me to the summit precisions. x12's that is! i've noticed unless its the top line summit there pretty ordinary.

Gilbert. Sadly broken glass easily gets stuck in it though..make sure you're wearing gloves in that case!

why the hell would u be play8ing on a surfae with broken glass in the first place?!?!

On a more serious note than my last post, I was given a Summit Ball for Christmas. I like it. We play with them at my club and are used in our top flight here in jolly ole Yankeeland.
[/b]

Who do you play for?

why the hell would u be play8ing on a surfae with broken glass in the first place?!?!
[/b]

Haha, it was Seaton Park in Aberdeen. Only training space available to the UOTC team who I played for at the time.

Lovely park, but you had to dodge the discarded needles and broken glass every so often ;)

I did have a mate who went through the English Public School (as in ancient Private school) system as a boarder who said that some schools deliberately put broken glass on rugby pitches to spook visiting teams!

Ha ha, I think it might be exaggerated to an extent...but pah! You people down there south of the Equator with your fancy "dedicated facilities" and "rugby pitches" and "new rugby balls"..what a sheltered life you all lead down there! ;)

Ha ha, I think it might be exaggerated to an extent...but pah! You people down there south of the Equator with your fancy "dedicated facilities" and "rugby pitches" and "new rugby balls"..what a sheltered life you all lead down there! ;)
[/b]

Well now, you should see some of the fields in the u/19`s in Saffaland back in 95- I remember playing on one with a fkn manhole inside the 22!

Also, playing on some of the Karoo rural fields- those fields are more rock than grass mate. Not for the faint-hearted- I remember getting hit on a "field" in Graaff-Reinet once, head ended up bumping off of a freaking piece of granite- required 24 stitches, no less!

Well now, you should see some of the fields in the u/19`s in Saffaland back in 95- I remember playing on one with a fkn manhole inside the 22!

[/b]

Thats a "secret trap door" not a manhole you philistine!

Why do you think your coach sits there with a big red button waiting for the visiting team's captain to stray into a certain part of your 22 all the time?!

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Thats a "secret trap door" not a manhole you philistine!

Why do you think your coach sits there with a big red button waiting for the visiting team's captain to stray into a certain part of your 22 all the time?!
[/b][/quote]

Nah, we were the visiting team mate. And I can`t recall any of our players falling through the "trap door" either. Mind you, I don`t really have perfect recall after that block of granite incident.......

Latest posts