11. Ioane
10. Cooper
9. Genia
8. Samo
7. Pocock
6. Higginbotham
5. Horwill
2. Polotu-Nau

team looks alright, not sure about Mc Cabe as the best option at 12. I'd prefer to see o'connor at 12 and someone else on the wing, turner perhaps.

Sharpe easily number 4, unfortunate injury to benn robinson leaves us in a spot of bother, and without dunning and baxter to "hold the fort" (sarcasm), i'm totally stumped with the props.

is it wrong that I never take notice of props? we have alexander, holmes, Daley, Kepu who else?

I'd say that Kepu should definitely be in there... probably along with Alexander

15.Beale
14.Ioane
13.Ashley cooper
12.O'Connor/Giteau
11.Mitchell(inj)/O'connor
10.Cooper
9.Genia
8.Higginbotham
7.Pocock
6.Elsom
5.Horwill (c)
4.Vickerman
3.Alexander
2.Polota-nau(inj)/Moore
1.Robinson(inj)/Kepu

I like McCabe, I think hes proven himself worthy in the Super Rugby. I see big things for this guy.

I'd like to see, ignoring injuries:

1. Ben Alexander
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. Ben Robinson
4. Nathan Sharpe
5. James Horwill
6. Rocky Elsome
7. David Pocock
8. Scott Higgbotham
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Drew Mitchell
12. James O'Connor
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Lachie Turner
15. Kurtley Beale

Not sure about JOC at 12 yet, but I think he's probably more reliable than the misfiring Giteau. Don't know how well he'd work outside Cooper, as Cooper usually does better when he is the only playmaker.

If everyone was fit:

1. Alexander
2. Moore
3. Robinson
4. Sharpe
5. Chisolm/Horwill
6. Elsom
7. Pocock
8. Higginbotham
9. Genia (c)
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. O'Connor
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Ioane
15. Beale

My Aussie XV (again if everyone was fit...)

1. Robinson
2. Moore (50/50 between him and Polota-Nau for me)
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Sharpe
6. Elsom (assuming he has played a few games and is back in form..)
7. Pocock
8. McCalman (not yet convinced about Higginbotham in the tight, but he certainly wouldn't be a bad option).
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. McCabe (I think he's Australia's best defensive player in the midfield, despite not having much experience there. I think he will cause a lot of teams problems too with the great lines he runs on attack. If not McCabe I'd be more than happy with Faingaa at 12.)
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. O'Connor
15. Beale

If the likes of Robinson and Mitchell aren't fit I'd replace them with Slipper and Ioane respectively.

Love your avatar pic Darwin 23 - reminds me of my beagle when he was younger.

Elsom is copping it big time. They were somewhat reserved in criticism on the Rugby Club last night but it was clear what they they thought.

Love your avatar pic Darwin 23 - reminds me of my beagle when he was younger.
Cheers. I probably should update my avatar pic given the photo was taken over a year ago, but I feel having a pic of a puppy makes me look less intimidating :)

Elsom is copping it big time. They were somewhat reserved in criticism on the Rugby Club last night but it was clear what they they thought.

Yeah Elsom seems to getting a lot of criticism. I don't think anyone should be surprised that he wasn't near his best against Samoa given he's basically played no rugby this year. It wouldn't surprise me if Deans starts him in every Tri-nations match this year in an attempt get him back to his best by RWC time.

The problem with Elsome is that he's the captain. The problem with that is he's not a very good one, but it draws a lot of attention to his form. When he plays at his best, he's just worrying about his job, and that was certainly seen at Leinster. The reason he's not a very good captain, is because his attitudes towards referees often seems like whinging petulance. I personally would make a player like Will Genia or James Horwill whos form looks best when he is captaining a team, rather than Elsome who doesn't do his core job and argues with referees. I certainly still see him as the best 6 in Australian rugby and I'd prefer Higgenbotham to move to 8 where he can play a looser game.

1. Sekope Kepu
2. Tatafu Polota-nau
3. Ben Alexander
4. James Horwill
5. Nathan Sharpe
6. Scott Higginbotham
7. David Pocock
8. Radike Samo

9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. James O'Connor
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper/Anthony Faingaa
14. Drew mitchell
15. Kurtley Beale

15. Beale
14. Ionie
13. AAC or McCabe
12. O'Connor
11. Mitchell
10. Cooper
9. Genia vc
8. Palu (by far our most damaging 8)
7. Pocock
6. Higginbotham (unless Elsom plays out of his skin)
5. Sharpe
4. Horwill c
3. Alexander
2. Definitely TPN
1. Robinson

16. Moore
17. Kepu/ Slipper
18. Simmons
19. Beau Robinson
20. Burgess
21. Gieau
22. Faingaa
Two inside backs on the bench because almost whole run on backline can play back three.

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Sharpe
6. Higginbotham
7. Pocock
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Giteau
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. O'Connor
15. Beale

Besides Mitchell & Gits - Aussies look mentally weak. That's why Gits should be there. Competitor till the end.

<meta charset="utf-8">1. Benn Robinson
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. James Slipper
4. James Horwill
5. Nathan Sharpe
6. Scott Higginbotham
7. David Pocock
8. Wycliff Palu

9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. Berrick Barnes