• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What should we do about Football/soccer?

What should we do about the wrong shaped ball'ed sport?

• Protest day and night until they stop making footballs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tell FIFA to bu**er of!

• All of them

• All of them and more (if so please state)

• Total voters
S

Saint N Sinner

(NO comment)

<

Right, well thats great stuff... What you got against soccer anyway. And does this have anything to do with Rugby 2005?

So saints ....u r english and don't like football...
how come u like rugby then? I thought rugby was not a sport for pussies like u
<

This is actually a very pointless thread. Rugby is my passion, but I used to play football and follow it a bit now still, so I've got nothing against it, other than wages being too high and all those type of issues.

I'd really like rugby to be the world sport. Maybe if there was no soccer it would be, but who knows. Obviously nothing is going to change anytime soon.

Whats wrong with a bit of footy apart from the crazy money, badly behaved players + fans and crap national coach?

Carefree...

Nothing like soccer to get the country into a frenzy, quarter finals at Italia90 and the country goes mad, no reaction when we're in the quarters in the rugby in 91, 95. Country again stopped when we made the last 16 in USA 94 and Korea/Japan 02, yet **** all reaction when an Irish team actually won the Triple Crown last year.

Rugby can't compete with the mass hysteria, well not here anyway.

No we're not ****, we're 12th in the world rankings, top of our qualification group with the French and Swiss, for a country that doesn't have our own fully professional league qualifying for 3 out of the last 4 world cups isn't a bad achievement, just beat Portugal during the week in Dublin, only 1 defeat in the last 15 matches.

yeah Ireland has a good football tradition. I still remember the match ireland won against italy in usa 94 ..if i remember well houghton scored the goal.
<
<

happy days indeed, don't be too mad, you had your day in Rome 4 years previous. Squilachi, you *******.
<
<

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Feb 14 2005, 09:43 AM
happy days indeed, don't be too mad, you had your day in Rome 4 years previous. Squilachi, you *******.
<
<
Squilachi?who was this?maybe u meant schillaci.lol
<
just jokin man...anyways we had the same our day in the us world cup ,if u remember we lost just in the final game and only on pks.

the reason rugby can't become the global appeal that football can is because rugby is not a game for everyone. Believe it or not most people think rugby is a barbaric sport played by oversized baboons and have no interest in going to watch what they think is "A Bunch of Animals beating on each other for 80 mins"

Originally posted by Badboy+Feb 13 2005, 11:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badboy @ Feb 13 2005, 11:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@Feb 14 2005, 09:43 AM
<

<
<
just jokin man...anyways we had the same our day in the us world cup ,if u remember we lost just in the final game and only on pks. [/b]
Remember it well mate, was away at camp and there were about 60 of us, with only 3 of us, myself included, cheering for Italy, gutting stuff.

Originally posted by An Tarbh+Feb 14 2005, 12:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 14 2005, 12:29 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Badboy@Feb 13 2005, 11:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@Feb 14 2005, 09:43 AM
<

<

<
just jokin man...anyways we had the same our day in the us world cup ,if u remember we lost just in the final game and only on pks.
Remember it well mate, was away at camp and there were about 60 of us, with only 3 of us, myself included, cheering for Italy, gutting stuff. [/b]
thank u man then...but i felt worse four years bfore when we lost the world cup at home.When we lost with argentina i cried like a baby
<

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Feb 14 2005, 12:05 PM
the reason rugby can't become the global appeal that football can is because rugby is not a game for everyone. Believe it or not most people think rugby is a barbaric sport played by oversized baboons and have no interest in going to watch what they think is "A Bunch of Animals beating on each other for 80 mins"
Its the same thing the 80% of italians think bout rugby union.And they don't know what a great sport they are missing.Well i enjoy it
<

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 13 2005, 11:50 PM
I thought soccer would be way behind rugby in Ireland. Arn't you ****?
They arent so **** that they blow a 2 Goal Lead against Iran and cost themselves a spot in the World Cup...

That was probably the sweetest moment of my Life attending the MCG for that game

As if we won't win the soccer world cup whenever it is. We're mad. Watch out for the Socceroos, the team nobody cares for. Nobody will care at all about soccer here in Australia until they make the world cup. It's been a long time coming but they should make it this time. We are good enough.

You were good enough in 1998, and lost to Iran.

You were good enough in 2002, and lost to Uruguay.

<

Originally posted by Ripper+Feb 14 2005, 04:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Feb 14 2005, 04:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Feb 13 2005, 11:50 PM
I thought soccer would be way behind rugby in Ireland. Arn't you ****?
They arent so **** that they blow a 2 Goal Lead against Iran and cost themselves a spot in the World Cup...

That was probably the sweetest moment of my Life attending the MCG for that game [/b]
you're *******
<

Yes in 1998 they threw it all away coz they were able to don't lose in iran and then they made Iran qualifiying in Australia.Anyways i think this year can be the year for aussies.I really will support them this year too.
P.S. WAlly i don't think nobody cares bout soccer in australia,its just the frustration of not participating to the world cup.I think FIFAorganization is a piece of **** coz if they don't give a spot for oceania they will lose a good nation like australia growin up in football world.Australia deserve to play in the wc more than saudi arabia or the third concacaf country.IMHO

Latest posts