• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What's the weather like where you are?

The guardian has a running blog on how bad the weather is across the world right now. We have bad air quality right now but I worked from home so i don't know if it smells like burnt maple syrup yet.

It's either 95° or hail storms right now. Sometimes both in the same day. I'd much rather have a summer of smooth rain than this. Humidity has been quite bad as well.

I know uk has the same issue that northern us has which is most houses don't have ac and now that's becoming a big issue.

There's no need for AC in UK it doesn't get that hot consistently to warrant it. Well not yet anyway. I have experienced the heat in Australia, Florida and HK and I would say HK summer humid heat is the worst because of I just feel drenched in my own sweat when outside and need a minimum 2 showers a day. And going constantly from AC inside to hot outside always gives me colds or worse nosebleeds.

Still, the 40 plus degrees heat in Southern Europe sounds horrendous.

Saw a notification that China (probably) recorded it's hottest day on record, of (IIRC) 52.2*C.
About 6 months ago, China recorded it's coldest day on record, of -53*C.
That's a swing of >100*C.
Yeah, in different parts of a huge country, but still.

Seen a Guardian article the other day talking about the Jetstream shutting down.

The more extreme interpretation was this happening as soon as 2025, the more normalised being sometime toward end of this century.

With the way things seem to be accelerating rather than slowing down, could be more the former than the latter!

Seen a Guardian article the other day talking about the Jetstream shutting down.

The more extreme interpretation was this happening as soon as 2025, the more normalised being sometime toward end of this century.

With the way things seem to be accelerating rather than slowing down, could be more the former than the latter!

But also this:

But also this:

Those aren't contradictory part of climate change is more extreme weather and bigger changes. Britain though would be pretty ****** without the gulf stream though.

Crap. Rained a bucketload and now road outside my house is flooded again.

Freezing where I am and it supposed to be only a touch over zero. Wearing double gloves when out cycling and walking and my fingers still went numb. 🥶

Freezing where I am and it supposed to be only a touch over zero. Wearing double gloves when out cycling and walking and my fingers still went numb. 🥶
-12С? It's not that bad,can be worth after all.
It's finally snowing where I am, everything is covered by snow :)
Glad to see some normal snow, it's rare in Europe

It's below 0 where I am and my flat is also quite draughty. I'm resisting putting the heating on as much as possible so it's double socks, triple tops, scarf and hat indoors...

I hope this doesn't hit the midlands hard, my fence is (literally) holding on by a thread - don't want to replace it until the spring

Latest posts