• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What's the weather like where you are?

I hate when it gets too hot 🥵. 23 already where I am and set to climb to 37 by 4pm.

For us, it's no hotter than yesterday.
37* for both.

We're hiding in the North Wing (aka, we closed the kitchen door), ceiling fan going, dampened teatowels at every window, paddling pool outside, and a rotation of 2 t-shirts so that one is always damp and the other is soaking in the pool.
I HIGHLY recommend the latter, even thoug Ali is convinced I just want to see her in a wet t-shirt (she's only wrong about the "just" part)

Damp towels on the floor for the dogs, ice in the water bowl, and carrots in the freezer, and step up to the pool so they can get in too.

Most patients have been rearranged for later in the week, and those that are coming are either end of the day.

Last edited:
Got a knock off finding Nemo paddling pool from home bargains and I've been wallowing like a hippo for the last hour or two
Not looking forward to being in office tomorrow: inner city, no AC, no fans, top floor, old ass listed building so crap Windows/ventilation

Got a knock off finding Nemo paddling pool from home bargains and I've been wallowing like a hippo for the last hour or two
Not looking forward to being in office tomorrow: inner city, no AC, no fans, top floor, old ass listed building so crap Windows/ventilation
just show up with your own window unit. That's what I did when I moved back to my parents for law school summers. Just plopped the sucker in my window and called it a day. Show your boss who's boss.

Not as bad in the more temperate British and Irish Isle, max was 33°c, still people are struggling.

As an advocate of rugby as a summer sport, amateur matches would have to be called on ground like this and pro grounds irrigated, so maybe not the most environmental option.

Not as bad in the more temperate British and Irish Isle, max was 33°c, still people are struggling.

As an advocate of rugby as a summer sport, amateur matches would have to be called on ground like this and pro grounds irrigated, so maybe not the most environmental option.
in PA they play rugby pretty much year round. Sevens has a really strong summer tradition and 15s starts immediately after in like early August. I was surprised when I moved to North Carolina that they didn't play summer sevens or start the season til October. I guess it's cause no one wants to die during a match.

Thankfully it's a dryer heat. And not a humid heat, like I've experienced in HK.

Still, I think it's the rate of increase in temperature. We are used to under 20 degrees and when it gets warm in the 20s. But when it suddenly shoots up above 30 from say 18 etc, our bodies are shocked by it.

yeah I know what you mean. I always thought spring was worse than summer growing up cause of your expectations. Playing baseball just above freezing one day and then going into the 70s was worse than knowing you'd be out in 90 that night.

It's worse than I could have imagined, and it's not even 9:15 yet,
Brought a fan from home but it's just chucking hot air at me like a hair dryer
wear a wet shirt, and maybe dunk your head under the tap - essentially, create a massive amount of sweat to evaporate off, cooling you beneath it; without dehydrating yourself.

It's worse than I could have imagined, and it's not even 9:15 yet,
Brought a fan from home but it's just chucking hot air at me like a hair dryer
I tried to work from home yesterday but had to give about 4pm when it hit 30degrees in the house. Just wasn't thinking straight anymore.

Now back in the office with AC massive relief when I walked through the door.

Now back in the office with AC

anakin skywalker hate GIF

Garden thermometer, in the shade, hit 41.5* yesterday.

It may be in the shade, but it's also near the back door, so slate patio generating more heat locally near it.

Reportedly from tomorrow is when it starts to cooler. 🤞I can't function either when it gets this hot.

Heat Wave Cat GIF

Yeah drops below 30 this evening then won't go back above for a while (nothing above 25 forecast for the next two weeks on my weather app)

Anyway we are all snowflakes, we should get heat exhaustion like the dude outside Buckingham Palace, or wear a suit for a bit outdoor.

I just don't like it hot, I don't like 'sun holidays' aboard and much prefer a temperature of low 20's.

1658224398270.png

Latest posts