• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Whats your favourite game of all time?

I've sort of lost interest in console gaming. The new ones have been out for a few years now and they don't really have anything "next gen" about them. I decent PC does the trick.

I've sort of lost interest in console gaming. The new ones have been out for a few years now and they don't really have anything "next gen" about them. I decent PC does the trick.
In terms of gaming experience, I totally agree. On the other hand, I'd love to play the Last of Us games, GoW Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Bloodborne and Breath of The Wild, but can't without the console they're exclusive to (in a playable state). Plus, as a laptop gamer, mine is getting a bit too long in the tooth for the latest releases already.

I can see what you mean. I am looking at a PS5 to replace my PS4 but the games coming out are just reskins of past games (RE4 no matter how good the reviews) or sequels to games (Horizon Forbidden West, GOWR, SFVI). Nothing really original. Might as well hold onto my PS4 and pick up cheap second hand games. But even nowadays I don't have the real interest.

TLOU3 is still a few years away and even now I am not sure I would buy fork out for a new console just to play it like I did with PS4 for UC4.

I'm finding the triple A tier of gaming very safe and bland (remakes or popular mechanics only). So for me, looking at the indie or AA (mid tier) is much better and is normally all on PC, so it works for me.

New here.
I don't play games. I watch people on Youtube play games. My favourite has been Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.

Easy. Sensible Soccer 96/97 on Amiga, now SWOS2020 on windows with it's online play. Other than that, Robotron 2084 Arcade, and Jonah Lomu on PS1.

In terms of gaming experience, I totally agree. On the other hand, I'd love to play the Last of Us games, GoW Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Bloodborne and Breath of The Wild, but can't without the console they're exclusive to (in a playable state). Plus, as a laptop gamer, mine is getting a bit too long in the tooth for the latest releases already.

God of War Ragnarok is awesome.

God of War Ragnarok is awesome.
I would say that I'm looking forward to it arriving on PC, but I don't hold out a lot of hope that my laptop will be up to playing it by the time it arrives. After the Last of Us disaster, keeping expectations low for ports seems sensible to me, although it probably wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been rushed out to coincide with the TV series.

After the Last of Us disaster, keeping expectations low for ports seems sensible to me, although it probably wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been rushed out to coincide with the TV series.
I heard it was bad and full of bugs. Did you try it?

I heard it was bad and full of bugs. Did you try it?
No, I haven't actively looked, but haven't heard anything to say that the bugs have been sorted out and have no interest in beta-testing their software for them. My laptop is old enough that it's starting to struggle to meet the minimum specs for the latest releases (fingers crossed, a RAM upgrade will extend its useful life), so I'm very wary of a new release with performance issues.

This list isn't the games that I think are best now but the ones that probably had the biggest impact on me when I first played them:

- Command and Conquer & Red Alert 1
- Age of empires 1 & 2
- Gran Turismo 1 & 2
- Commandos 2
- Stronghold 1
- Grand Theft auto Vice City & San Andreas
- Rome Total War
- Dawn of War
- Assassin's Creed all the Ezio series
- Fallout 3
- Elder Scrolls Oblivion
- Company of Heroes
- Mass Effect

I've noticed the sense of wonder I used to have with games when I was younger has largely gone now though, which is a bit of a pity. A lot of these games I've played the newer ones, which I think are objectively better, but it just doesn't hit the same way. Eg this tune from Rome Total war is firmly lodged in my mind and gives me a major nostalgia hit when I hear it, whilst others aren't.

No1 for me Legend of Zelda a link to the past
Also loved sega rally on my Saturn really brought the arcade into the house.

Mostly PC I think:

rFactor (different level of physics compared to anything bar Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series) - need a force feedback steering wheel + pedals otherwise you weren't really getting it.... and it was so open for mods. Lapping a Commodore around Bathurst - epic.
When I first played the Omaha beach scene in Call of Duty it blew my mind.

Someone mentioned it earlier, SWOS was brilliant.
No mention of Championship Manager yet (was Football Manager ever as good?)

Mostly PC I think:

rFactor (different level of physics compared to anything bar Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series) - need a force feedback steering wheel + pedals otherwise you weren't really getting it.... and it was so open for mods. Lapping a Commodore around Bathurst - epic.
When I first played the Omaha beach scene in Call of Duty it blew my mind.

Someone mentioned it earlier, SWOS was brilliant.
No mention of Championship Manager yet (was Football Manager ever as good?)
Still haven't gotten rfactor2 to work on my pc and my pc can run anything. I think it has to do with it being incompatible with amd.

Latest posts