• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which classification for France?

R

rugbyfrench

According to you, will France qualify itself for the quarterfinals?
Which will be its classification at the end of the hen matches?

Personally I think which will finish 1st, because Ireland will beat Argentina with more than 7 points of variation.

What will give France 15pts and Argentina 14pts.

I will use logic: Argentina have beaten France, France have beaten Ireland.

1 Argentina
2 France

I will use logic: Argentina have beaten France, France have beaten Ireland.

1 Argentina
2 France [/b]

I will use blind hope: Ireland to get bonus and deny Arg bonus, so ...

1 France

2 Ireland

I think Ireland will beat Argentina but it will be an awfully close game and we should get that bonus point, therefore:
1st France
2nd Argentina

Sorry I meant that the other way around, Argentina top and France runners-up, the bloody 'Edit' button doesn't seem to work.

I think Ireland will beat Argentina but it will be an awfully close game and we should get that bonus point, therefore:
1st Argentina
2nd France [/b]

unfortunatly i think you're right mate !!!

the shame is that we organize the comp and we will play in cardiff ... ridiculous ... to the wall of shame

the shame is that we organize the comp and we will play in cardiff ... ridiculous ... to the wall of shame [/b]
Yeah. No one to blame but yourselves there though.

<div class='quotemain'> the shame is that we organize the comp and we will play in cardiff ... ridiculous ... to the wall of shame [/b]
Yeah. No one to blame but yourselves there though. [/b][/quote]

:bana:

Thanks for Irish people that hope for France.
Irish players will both fight for their place but also for us.

Sure that the sixteenth man of Stade de France will be totally green, personnally, if I could be present on the match, I would take time to learn "Ireland's call" !!!

Sure that the sixteenth man of Stade de France will be totally green, personnally, if I could be present on the match, I would take time to learn "Ireland's call" !!![/b]

Well, I wouldn't be so sure, we totally owned the stadium against Namibia with only 15.000 people and there are going to be much more against Ireland. I guess we are noise enough to count for more :p

Ahhh I'm sure there will be a good turn our from both sets of supporters. The Irish would have their tickets sourced from a long time ago so we'll be there in numbers.

and french ppl who also have a ticket will be supporting ireland ... could make the difference :)

and french ppl who also have a ticket will be supporting ireland ... could make the difference :)
[/b]

People cheering helps, but who play the game is the 15 in the field, and the green 15s won't do it. :bravo:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

People cheering helps, but who play the game is the 15 in the field, and the green 15s won't do it. :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

You seem to be really quite sure of the final result
Sports in general and Rugby in particular will tell you that nothing is ever written. Hope that argie players will have the same attitude that sure help Ireland for victory.

You seem to be really quite sure of the final result
Sports in general and Rugby in particular will tell you that nothing is ever written. Hope that argie players will have the same attitude that sure help Ireland for victory.
[/b]

Argentinean players will have exactly the same attitude that helped them to beat the host team in the opening match of this world cup, there's a huge rivalry with the irish team and every player in the argentinean team is waiting for this match to take revenge of RWC 2003. Taking into account the way that Ireland has been playing they shouldn't even have a chance BUT they could improve any minute and fight for the win. The point here is that to classify they would need to score four tries, so far after three matches not even France has been able to score even one try against Argentina, so it's a pretty safe bet.

Argentina should finish first quite easily, but I hope Ireland will play a great game to deny it.
First 'cause it could make us finish first and play in France against Scotland or Italy. And then because I like watching World cup games in the Irish pub of my city so if Ireland do not qualify I will miss the current atmosphere when they play.
So let's pray for a miracle...

I think Argentina wil get pwn on semi finals... they'll have to face RSA. Actually I think that only Tri-Nations team can win this WC

france was the NH last hope against the SH teams. Now the french will be humilliated by NZ in the Quarters in front of their own crowd.

france was the NH last hope against the SH teams. Now the french will be humilliated by NZ in the Quarters in front of their own crowd.
[/b]
Well may be they are going to be humiliated but I didn't know that Cardiff was in France.
Was Wales recently annexed by the french Republic?

[/b]

We won't even have the whole crowd for us :wall: