• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which Console takes your fancy and why?

S

Saint N Sinner

I am going for the almighty Xbox 360, as i feel it is going to build incredibly on its already brilliant system, and wipe the floor with the PS3.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@May 25 2005, 08:45 AM
I am going for the almighty Xbox 360, as i feel it is going to build incredibly on its already brilliant system, and wipe the floor with the PS3.
crawl back into ur xbox, and shut-up

ur nothing but an xbox fanboy

therefore ur opinions are nothing but unconstructive biased rubble

I'll get both if both if i want

but leaning towards ps3, for backward compatible reasons, and GT5, oh and the SPECS, which wipes the floor and polish, and wipe its ass with Xbox 360 manuals.

But the 6 months between 360 and PS3 will be hard to go thru without a next gen console, so yeah both looks go for me.

PS3 cos of graphics and range of games... GT5 etc... If fight night graphics can be translated to Rugby and League it is mine for sure. I thnik i'll be able to manage six months, simply cos i think PS3 will be better cos more time spent to release and update... maybe

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@May 25 2005, 08:45 AM
Have you actually looked at the specs and seen the presentations? The PS3 is by a significant magin the most technically advanced and powerful...The XBOX360 looked good to me initially, but after seeing Sony's demonstration and spec's I'm not really all that interested in the XBOX360 anymore. That said, I may end up getting one anyway if it has more than a few games that I want that the PS3 won't, however after seeing the massive 3rd party support given to the PS3 thus far that seems unlikely.

PS3 all the way! It has everything!

Originally posted by sanzar+May 25 2005, 04:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ May 25 2005, 04:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-saintsfan24_7
@May 25 2005, 08:45 AM
Have you actually looked at the specs and seen the presentations? The PS3 is by a significant magin the most technically advanced and powerful...The XBOX360 looked good to me initially, but after seeing Sony's demonstration and spec's I'm not really all that interested in the XBOX360 anymore. That said, I may end up getting one anyway if it has more than a few games that I want that the PS3 won't, however after seeing the massive 3rd party support given to the PS3 thus far that seems unlikely.

PS3 all the way! It has everything! [/b]

AMEN!!!

i saw that and someone has already contridicted it....it was written by microsoft...

here its off a forum

the truth behind the article

it has 5 sections to it all covering the lies and showing the truth, explaining his answers to the article

i got scared for a second and then i saw the truth behind the article.....PS3 rules

Originally posted by kinkon89@May 25 2005, 05:59 PM
i saw that and someone has already contridicted it....it was written by microsoft...

here its off a forum

the truth behind the article

it has 5 sections to it all covering the lies and showing the truth, explaining his answers to the article

i got scared for a second and then i saw the truth behind the article.....PS3 rules
I read it before aswell. Your right it's rubbish. It's pretty obvious too... a comparison that MICROSOFT sent them FFS! Now, call me cynical, but I don't think Microsoft would be constructively critical against it's own product, do you? It sounds as though Microsoft got a real shock when the PS3 was unveiled and it so clearly outperformed the XBOX360, that they had to concoct something... first they said the XBOX was running at one 3rd power (a ridiculous argument, as Microsoft of all companies would want to show off everything they have to offer at once) and now this...

But listen, I'm a gamer and not loyal to sony, if the XBOX 360 does turn out to be a better system I'll buy it! I already have a GC PS2 and the current XBOX. However, at this stage, with all the current information out, it seems pretty clear to me and most other people (http://www.gamespot.com/cgi/poll_vote.html) that the PS3 is the best thing on the horizon...

Neither till the second wave of ***les for each has been released.

The PS3 looks to be the slightly better system, but I think those Pads wall make me want to throw it out of the window.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@May 25 2005, 06:43 PM

The PS3 looks to be the slightly better system, but I think those Pads wall make me want to throw it out of the window.
it'll come back...it looks like a boomerang!

Originally posted by Teh Mite@May 25 2005, 06:43 PM

The PS3 looks to be the slightly better system,
This is a valid point. The games on both will not show their full potential untill the system has been around for around a year...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
but I think those Pads wall make me want to throw it out of the window.[/b]

I actually like the pads to be honest... Anyway, they can't be any worse than the Original XBOX controllers!

Originally posted by sanzar@May 25 2005, 06:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
but I think those Pads wall make me want to throw it out of the window.

I actually like the pads to be honest... Anyway, they can't be any worse than the Original XBOX controllers! [/b][/quote]
same here....ill get used to it....no buttons have been changed....so i'll still love it!

PS3 is the more powerfull system and its not even the final product...remember even if sony keeps its current specs the cell chip can work with any other cell ship and since cell ships will be in tvs pcs etc...it could be more powerfull if working with something that has the cell in it.

i think sony has alot in store though do you guys really believe that sony would release the final product and all details this early?

just wait till next yrs e3 sony will release the real deal

Originally posted by ak47+May 25 2005, 11:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ May 25 2005, 11:14 AM)</div>

but leaning towards ps3, for backward compatible reasons, and GT5, oh and the SPECS, which wipes the floor and polish, and wipe its ass with Xbox 360 manuals.

But the 6 months between 360 and PS3 will be hard to go thru without a next gen console, so yeah both looks go for me.[/b]
Your nothing but a Gaystation fanboy!

I can tell this thread is going to get heated up a tad! (especially what I said above, hehehehe, oooops!)
<

Originally posted by gjohn85+May 26 2005, 06:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ May 26 2005, 06:39 AM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@May 25 2005, 11:14 AM

But the 6 months between 360 and PS3 will be hard to go thru without a next gen console, so yeah both looks go for me.

I can tell this thread is going to get heated up a tad! (especially what I said above, hehehehe, oooops!)
<
[/b]
whatever mate
<

top call from u kinkon - the boomerang controllers

hey whats the go with this cordless controller deal

i can see problems with non responsive controllers, and the cordless

what its power source, and how do they re-charge??

i can see a controller getting old after 3 years of smashing and in a multiplayer moment with mates, i can see the controller fail to responsd in a crucial time whilst playing

Originally posted by ak47+May 26 2005, 02:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ May 26 2005, 02:48 PM)</div>
Originally posted by gjohn85@May 26 2005, 06:39 AM

<
whatever mate
<

i can see a controller getting old after 3 years of smashing and in a multiplayer moment with mates, i can see the controller fail to responsd in a crucial time whilst playing [/b]
The Contoller Battery is supposed to last 24 hours and then you plug it into the USB point on PS3 to charge it up. And also the responsiveness range of controller is supposed to be 30 feet (10 metres).

Originally posted by Serge+May 26 2005, 04:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ May 26 2005, 04:58 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@May 26 2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by gjohn85@May 26 2005, 06:39 AM

<

whatever mate
<

i can see a controller getting old after 3 years of smashing and in a multiplayer moment with mates, i can see the controller fail to responsd in a crucial time whilst playing
The Contoller Battery is supposed to last 24 hours and then you plug it into the USB point on PS3 to charge it up. And also the responsiveness range of controller is supposed to be 30 feet (10 metres). [/b]
well thats sour grapes all around for me

there will be many occasions, where the controller wont respond, coz we forgot to charge them............GAME OVER

and if u play for longer than 24hrs - we are up **** creek

we're now in a cordless environment..............but how reliable will it be

Latest posts