• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which other teams do you support?

S

stormer2010

A mate and I had a difference of opinion regarding who people are likely to support (specifically in the context of rugby both club and international) as a neutral. I argued that people support the underdog as I support the Cheetahs in our Currie cup and Super series as my 2nd team and Argentina internationally and know of others who do as well. He argues that people support success IE japanese fans supporting the All Blacks and the popularity of successful club and provincial sides home and abroad.

So who do you support after your first choice teams or who do you support in leagues that you are interested in but don't hold a stake in? (For me its Munster and Racing Metro in the Magners and French Top14 but that probably does not count as some of my fav SA players currently plays for these team)

Bare in mind that this is for a 2nd team as I argued with my mate that neutrals in Japan supported the All Blacks almost as a first choice as they don't really have a competitive team at the top tier as an example.

In general it's normally the localest team, like in the GP my second team is Worcester as that's the closest to where i'm from,
In general i'll probably say i route for the underdog in most matches, or occasionally the team i know/like the most players from

normally the local teams - i.e Welsh regions (unless therye playing each other)
sometimes the underdogs - depends on whos playing

I support my local team as well as Quins.

Plymouth Albion...I'm not sure why I bother! Though we did beat Chiefs last week!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Luffers91 @ Dec 21 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Plymouth Albion...I'm not sure why I bother! Though we did beat Chiefs last week!![/b]

And Bristol thanks you for it :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Dec 21 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Luffers91 @ Dec 21 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Plymouth Albion...I'm not sure why I bother! Though we did beat Chiefs last week!![/b]

And Bristol thanks you for it :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Haha yeh I bet! They really could have done without that slip up! Personally I hope Chiefs do get promotion though, will make Premiership matches easier for me to see! :p

Ospreys are my main team, although I hope the other Welsh regions do well (except the Scarlets, i don't know why.) Unless they're versing the Ospreys of course.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (welshgazza1992 @ Dec 21 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ospreys are my main team, although I hope the other Welsh regions do well (except the Scarlets, i don't know why.) Unless they're versing the Ospreys of course.[/b]
I know why, Gazza. It's cuz they're TURK ********!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (welshgazza1992 @ Dec 21 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ospreys are my main team, although I hope the other Welsh regions do well (except the Scarlets, i don't know why.)[/b]
It's because you're jealous of how awesome they are :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 21 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (welshgazza1992 @ Dec 21 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ospreys are my main team, although I hope the other Welsh regions do well (except the Scarlets, i don't know why.) Unless they're versing the Ospreys of course.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

lol :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 21 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (welshgazza1992 @ Dec 21 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
:bravo:

you see the dragons boycott? lol 672 fans went down there

Auckland & the Blues first and foremost.

Otago 2nd.

Perpignan & Clermont in the Top14.

Saracens & Gloucester in the Premiership.

Cardiff Blues in Wales.

Ulster in Ireland.

Uhm, Cardiff. Though they've disappointed me recently.

Also, anybody playing contre Leicester or Munster.

WP and Stormers and Springboks firstly.

And then...

Sale Sharks
Saracens
Toulouse
Stade Francais
Munster
Hurricanes
Brumbies
Argentina

Quite a list hey :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Dec 22 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 21 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
:bravo:

you see the dragons boycott? lol 672 fans went down there
[/b][/quote]
I didn't know you had that many.

Golden Lions ( currie Cup )
Lions, Reds, Blues ( Super 14 )
Racing 92 , USAP and Toulon ( Top 14 )
Dallas Harlequins ( Rugby Super League )
Foremost the Springboks .

London Irish, as they're my local team. I support Munster in the Magners league and the Heinekin Cup (if Irish aren't in) because my Irish family are from around Munster.

Latest posts